Is Alder the Best Wood for Smoking Salmon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Borek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Evo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
118 replies · 21K views


:O Happy birthday! :D
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Pengwuino said:
BBQ At Evo's house :D
What are we having? Pulled pork, smoked turkey, or should I show up with Atlantic salmon fillets? It would have to be a really fast direct-drive to get out there while the fish is edible. Nobody that likes seafood should move to Kansas!
 


collinsmark said:
Happy Birthweek!
My wife claims the whole month or July as her "birthday". It works, since I spoil her anyway.
 


Pengwuino said:
BBQ At Evo's house :D
Penguin is on the to be smoked list, hehe...

Rhody... :devil:
 


Evo said:
It's huge and heavy, I'm going to have to wait until EC gets here to unpack it

turbo said:
Team-Lift sticker is a good sign. Nice and solid!

Were there two delivery people?
 


dlgoff said:
Were there two delivery people?
No just one poor guy, he was struggling. It's hard to get a decent grip on a box like that.
 


turbo said:
This is my unbirthday, too.
Happy unbirthday!
 


Andre said:
Oh :frown: but that would reduce your unbirthday parties considerably.

Haha! I take it back then. Especially that I don't celebrate mine, which makes it 365 days to celebrate! WOOT! :biggrin:
 


Evo said:
No just one poor guy, he was struggling. It's hard to get a decent grip on a box like that.
Delivery guys around here have to claim to handle 70# boxes, and when they have to do it alone, that sucks! Plus that pretty much precludes women from many delivery jobs. I have a good back and hand-strength, but hugging a corrugated box with no hand-holds is tough. I'll help the delivery guys get parcels into my attached garage and break the packages down in there, so I can move the products in manageable pieces.
 


turbo said:
Team-Lift sticker is a good sign. Nice and solid!

dlgoff said:
Were there two delivery people?
How much does that smoker weigh? Amazon indicates about 50 lbs. That's a large box too (~20''x20''x35''). It really should have two guys handling that while in the box.

May sure you've got someone strong enough to move it to the patio. Maybe EC's bf can do it.
 
Last edited:


This is my best tool friend

http://www.hobbycenterdhaese.be/cubecart/images/uploads/1735_1_200x300.jpg

It moved around hunderds of smoker equivalent weights. When it crumbled finally, after many years of faithful service, it was replaced within a few days.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Andre said:
This is my best tool friend

http://www.hobbycenterdhaese.be/cubecart/images/uploads/1735_1_200x300.jpg

It moved around hunderds of smoker equivalent weights. When it crumbled finally, after many years of faithful service, it was replaced within a few days.

I have one of those at work!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Smoker up and running! I have to heat it for 3 hours to get it seasoned.

Here it is right before I turned it on. I am so impressed, everything is well made and sturdy.
 
Attachments
  • smoker ready to go.jpg
    smoker ready to go.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 526


Evo said:
Smoker up and running! I have to heat it for 3 hours to get it seasoned.

Here it is right before I turned it on. I am so impressed, everything is well made and sturdy.
Yays!
 


Evo said:
Smoker up and running! I have to heat it for 3 hours to get it seasoned.

Here it is right before I turned it on. I am so impressed, everything is well made and sturdy.
Yay. I'm glad it's well made and sturdy. You can write reviews for it.
 


Evo said:
Smoker up and running! I have to heat it for 3 hours to get it seasoned.

Here it is right before I turned it on. I am so impressed, everything is well made and sturdy.

Whoop! Whoop! Now we need to fedex you some meats. Tasty spring Chinookers are my fave. When I catch my first one, I'll send you some. :redface:
 


OmCheeto said:
Whoop! Whoop! Now we need to fedex you some meats. Tasty spring Chinookers are my fave. When I catch my first one, I'll send you some. :redface:
OOOOH! Nice!

Ok, I am in the final leg of curing my smoker. I added the wood chips. This design is brilliant. You add the chips through an insert chamber in the side, so no opening the smoker, and it uses natural wood chips, no artificial prefabricated pellets. Literally within seconds after adding the wood I started to smell smoke. It is smoking like crazy right now. I've been standing over the smoker and I smell delicious.

Ok, you're all invited to a smoke fest! For our veggie lovers, it does vegetables too, with or without smoke.
 
Last edited:


Evo said:
OOOOH! Nice!

Ok, I am in the final leg of curing my smoker. I added the wood chips. This design is brilliant. You add the chips through an insert chamver in the side, so no opeing the smoker, and it uses natural wood chips, no artificial prefabricated pellets. Literally within seconds after adding the wood I started to smell smoke. It is smoking like crazy right now. I've been standing over the smoker and I smell delicious.

Ok, you're all invited to a smoke fest! For our veggie lovers, it does vegetables too, with or without smoke.

Bag the smoke and save it for later!
 


Evo said:
OOOOH! Nice! I've been standing over the smoker and I smell delicious.
Well, yeah! I probably smell delicious after hovering over the locomotive and tending the meats, but I might not have put it quite that way. :biggrin:
 


Evo said:
Ok, I am in the final leg of curing my smoker. I added the wood chips. This design is brilliant. You add the chips through an insert chamber in the side, so no opening the smoker, and it uses natural wood chips, no artificial prefabricated pellets. Literally within seconds after adding the wood I started to smell smoke. It is smoking like crazy right now. I've been standing over the smoker and I smell delicious.

I am glad to read things like that, keep them coming [PLAIN]http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/smile_Borek.png.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Borek said:
I am glad to read things like that, keep them coming [PLAIN]http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/smile_Borek.png.[/QUOTE]

Me too.
 
Attachments
  • smile-beard.gif
    smile-beard.gif
    1 KB · Views: 661
Last edited by a moderator: