Is Alder the Best Wood for Smoking Salmon?
- Thread starter Borek
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Evo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
118 replies · 21K views
Physics news on Phys.org
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Dembadon said:Happy Birthday, Evo!
![]()
I want her lasso of truth! Lynda Carter kind of spoiled the whole comic-book thing for me.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
- 22,170
- 3,335
Happy birthday! Enjoy it!
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Happy Birthday, Ms. Evo!
http://animal.discovery.com/the-spot/happy-everything/summer/images/cat-birthday-ideas-324x205.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
Jonathan Scott
Gold Member
- 2,358
- 1,274
Happy Birthday, Evo! In the UK we say "Many Happy Returns of the Day!", or at least I think we used to, but at [STRIKE]our[/STRIKE] my age it's hard to remember.
drizzle
Gold Member
- 202
- 58
Borek said:Be ready [PLAIN]http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/smile_Borek.png[/QUOTE]
I'm sure she is![]()
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Not here.
rhody
Gold Member
- 680
- 3
Crap, this is not funny in the least, I hope and pray it makes it there safe and in working orderEvo said:Not here.![]()
Rhody...
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Well Borek said it is scheduled for tomorrow.
ViewsofMars
- 429
- 0
Evo, may you be forever young at heart.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 22,713
- 7,804
The birthday is extended.Evo said:Well Borek said it is scheduled for tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZsppOw2Mxk
Some good sax on this - and some good base and organ - and some good 'ol funk. Some good smokin' music!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EikcDJppWbg
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Evo said:Thanks dembadon!
Oooh, dl, you're killing me. I can just smell that.
Since my smoker isn't arriving today, I thought I'd post a couple of pictures to show what it is.
Wow! Such a BIG machine.
I think my smoker, which I think I've had for 10 years now and have never plugged in, could hold about half of a skinny chicken.
Put your smokin' present to good use young lady, lest the PF planet descend upon you, and show you how to ...
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
I love the second picture! If your smoker is big enough to hold two turkeys, I am jealous. My "locomotive" can do that, though I have never tried to pull it off, in part because my wife and I just can't strip and eat that much meat in a reasonable time. Back when I was in shape to have more people here on the back deck, we could have tried it. Of course, my old class-mate was running the Atlantic salmon hatchery back then, and if I had any smoking to do, it was salmon (in season). The hatchery had a consent-agreement with their customers that they would not sell any brood-stock, so they would give the culls away to friends and family. I got at least 100# one year, and smoked most of it. My father was driving down here delivering salmon for a couple of days. Good times.
QuarkCharmer
- 1,049
- 3
http://www.fortcollinscatrescue.org/images/HappyBirthdayCats.jpg
http://www.makems.com/graphic/happy-birthday-cat.jpg
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm6dwr2Hl61qbwvhpo1_500.jpg
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lklzf6cIGc1qzzxaqo1_500.jpg
http://gg1.teamestrogen.com/ri/300/300/2012_Spring/SG-HAB.jpg
http://funnyhappybirthdaypictures.com/upload/thumb/3777/hamster-eating-birthday-cake.jpg
http://www.carols-critter-care.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/MollyJackPeanut.jpg
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/happy_birthday_07.jpg
http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/birthdaydog2.jpg
http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/lolcatballoon-birthday-captionthis.jpg
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/14/82fe37cc-d238-44be-ae5c-3c97b32412ae.jpg
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVO!
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Yeah, this is a decent size, more than enough room for anything I need.turbo said:I love the second picture! If your smoker is big enough to hold two turkeys, I am jealous. My "locomotive" can do that, though I have never tried to pull it off, in part because my wife and I just can't strip and eat that much meat in a reasonable time. Back when I was in shape to have more people here on the back deck, we could have tried it. Of course, my old class-mate was running the Atlantic salmon hatchery back then, and if I had any smoking to do, it was salmon (in season). The hatchery had a consent-agreement with their customers that they would not sell any brood-stock, so they would give the culls away to friends and family. I got at least 100# one year, and smoked most of it. My father was driving down here delivering salmon for a couple of days. Good times.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
I think we have a winner!QuarkCharmer said:![]()
http://www.fortcollinscatrescue.org/images/HappyBirthdayCats.jpg
http://www.makems.com/graphic/happy-birthday-cat.jpg
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm6dwr2Hl61qbwvhpo1_500.jpg
![]()
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lklzf6cIGc1qzzxaqo1_500.jpg
![]()
http://gg1.teamestrogen.com/ri/300/300/2012_Spring/SG-HAB.jpg
![]()
http://funnyhappybirthdaypictures.com/upload/thumb/3777/hamster-eating-birthday-cake.jpg
http://www.carols-critter-care.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/MollyJackPeanut.jpg
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/happy_birthday_07.jpg
![]()
http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/birthdaydog2.jpg
http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/lolcatballoon-birthday-captionthis.jpg
![]()
![]()
![]()
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/14/82fe37cc-d238-44be-ae5c-3c97b32412ae.jpg
![]()
![]()
![]()
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVO!
Quark. :!)
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Thank you for the lovely post ViewsofMars.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Yay! Smokin' Evo! Get the Chile right down there with some meats and get crackin'! Burn off the mineral oil first and cure that metal with peanut oil so your first smoke will be wonderful.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
It's huge and heavy, I'm going to have to wait until EC gets here to unpack it.
I'm so excited! Thank you all so much!
:!)
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Huge and heavy is good! Smokers need to be solid. So glad you love it.Evo said:It's huge and heavy, I'm going to have to wait until EC gets here to unpack it.
I'm so excited! Thank you all so much!
:!)
BTW, somebody with blue hair pulled this together, and I'm not talking about your elderly neighbor.
Andre
- 4,296
- 73
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Team-Lift sticker is a good sign. Nice and solid!Evo said:It's here! WOOT!
I'm taking a picture with my phone and will post in a few minutes.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Yes, I have a list of all the conspirators.Borek said:Evo, is the list there?

Similar threads
- fffbone
- · Replies 2 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 2
- jakejack
- · Replies 4 ·
- DIY Projects
- Replies
- 4
