Is Becoming a Physicist a Smart Thing to Do, How much Do they earn a year?

Choppy
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
"Physicist" is a job title - at least for me.

Also, physicists' options in the job market are not limited to engineering. However, if one is inclined towards pursuing engineering specifically, then obviously that is a better educational route.

thrill3rnit3
Gold Member
I'm just wondering... do these PhD graduates actually REMEMBER EVERYTHING after graduating?

This is one thing I hate about the brain, learn something new, and forget it the next day. It's kind of like, forget about everything you want to do if you hate studying. It's not that you hate learning the material, is' the mind set of "oooh, here let me repeat this **** again so it stays fresh in my head for a few more weeks before I have to to review all over again..."
Everyone forgets a lot of the stuff they learn doing college.

They'll have to "re-learn" it while doing their real jobs and that's when they begin to master them.

i have a question is majoring in math a smart thing to do to get a job in industry
it seems like a math degree would be hard to apply in the job market.

thrill3rnit3
Gold Member
i have a question is majoring in math a smart thing to do to get a job in industry
it seems like a math degree would be hard to apply in the job market.
If you're majoring in math, it would be so much better to do graduate studies and finish with a Ph. D.

Leaving school with a bachelor's degree with only get you to become a high school teacher at best.

ya you are probably right

Being good at anything will most likely get you decent compensation.

Petroleum engineering is another easier, lucrative engineering degree to be had. Locations for work might be more restrictive, but starting salaries can range from 80-110k, at least from the better petroleum schools.