Is civil engineering the right career choice for me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ar_anand
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Civil
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
ar_anand
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm presently doing my second year in B.Eng civil, and I'm just curious what a day to day work is like in this field. Repetitive lecturing from teachers on how various lives are at stake in civil engineering field has me a little freaked out (case studies of past civil mistakes didn't help). So now I'm just thinking of finishing my B.Eng and doing a complete 180 to pursue a masters in financial engineering. Anyway, I'd just like to get some real feedback of people on the field.

Thanks in advance.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
ar_anand said:
Repetitive lecturing from teachers on how various lives are at stake in civil engineering field has me a little freaked out (case studies of past civil mistakes didn't help).

Complete nonsense.

Of course, it is a responsible job, but you never work alone and unsupervised, specially not in the start. If you're interested in civil engineering, you should finish your degree.

Then again, if you're interested in economics, you can combine the two in a way. Civil engineering is much about buisness, too.
 
Scope of civil Engg..

it totally depends in which region of the world you live...
 
radou said:
Complete nonsense.

Of course, it is a responsible job, but you never work alone and unsupervised, specially not in the start.

Ya that's true.

DirectCurrent said:
Scope of civil Engg..

it totally depends in which region of the world you live...

I live in Montreal (Canada), most likely will continue to do so after I graduate.
 
Canada.. a good place for civil engineers.. Engineering is still much better than any other profession of the world.. I am doing comp system engg... Continue man...

I assumed may be you are from India.. :-)