Is Cracking the AP Physics B Exam, 2009 Edition Effective for High Scores?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 12K views
krazeyo
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What's a good study guide for scoring a high mark on the exam? Is "Cracking the AP Physics B Exam, 2009 Edition (College Test Prep)" by Princeton Review good? It seems popular.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I used "5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics B & C" and past exam papers (tons of them) to prepare for the physics B test. I got a 5, but I remember being shocked by the multiple choice questions (they seemed to focus more on EM than anything else). A raw score of around 60% is what is required to get a 5, so there's a lot of room for error.
If I remember correctly, the Princeton Review book had a few unrealistic multiple choice questions, but I'm sure the review material is fine.
Good luck.