Preparing for the AP Physics B Exam, without taking the class

In summary, the individual is unable to take AP Physics B due to schedule conflicts and is instead taking honors physics. They have purchased the Princeton Review book for AP Physics B and are seeking additional advice on how to prepare for the exam. Their goal is to pursue physics in college, but their honors physics teacher believes it will be impossible for them to score a 5 on the AP exam. However, the individual believes it is achievable with the help of the prep book, taking honors physics, and dedicating 3-5 hours per week to studying. They also mention having previously taken the AP exam without a prep book and scoring a 5. Another individual reassures them that the AP B exam is not very difficult and as long as they
Margarita
Due to schedule conflicts, I was not able to take AP Physics B this year (my senior year). I am taking honors physics, but as you would guess, it is no where near the caliber of AP Physics.

I bought the Princeton Review for AP Physics B, as suggested by the teacher. Besides working through every problem, how else should I prepare?

Is my goal even possible? I want to pursue physics on college and thrive on studying, but my honors physics teacher deems my task impossible.

Physics news on Phys.org
Scoring a 5 should be easy as long as you use the prep book, take your honors physics class, are fairly bright (Im assuming you are), and dedicate 3-5 hours or so a week to extra studying. A 5 is around a 75% on the test...

I took it last year without a prep book/tests, but I did have the AP class, and easily scored a 5...

Thank you so much. This gives me hope that I can actually succeed.

The AP B exam is not very difficult. As long as you thoroughly understand how to do the non-multiple choice problems in your review book, I'm sure that you will be able to do quite well on the test.

I just took the B test and the problems in the review book are not as difficult as problems on the test fyi. try to get actual questions from past tests.

Fisicks: Really? I've heard the opposite. I'm mostly worried about the free response.

What is the AP Physics B Exam?

The AP Physics B Exam is an advanced placement exam that tests students' understanding and knowledge of physics concepts typically covered in a high school physics course. It is administered by the College Board and can potentially earn students college credit.

Can I prepare for the AP Physics B Exam without taking the class?

Yes, it is possible to prepare for the AP Physics B Exam without taking the class. However, it may require self-study and dedication to cover all the necessary material.

What are some resources I can use to prepare for the AP Physics B Exam?

There are several resources available to help you prepare for the AP Physics B Exam. These include review books, online practice tests, and study guides. You can also find study groups or hire a tutor to help you with your preparation.

How should I approach studying for the AP Physics B Exam?

To prepare for the AP Physics B Exam, it is important to review and understand basic physics concepts, practice solving problems, and familiarize yourself with the exam format. It is also helpful to create a study schedule and stick to it to ensure you cover all the necessary material.

What are some tips for success on the AP Physics B Exam?

Some tips for success on the AP Physics B Exam include practicing with past exam questions, reviewing key concepts and formulas, and managing your time effectively during the exam. It is also important to stay calm and focused and to read each question carefully before answering.