Preparing for the AP Physics B Exam, without taking the class

• Testing
  • Thread starter Margarita
  • Start date
Due to schedule conflicts, I was not able to take AP Physics B this year (my senior year). I am taking honors physics, but as you would guess, it is no where near the caliber of AP Physics.

I bought the Princeton Review for AP Physics B, as suggested by the teacher. Besides working through every problem, how else should I prepare?

Is my goal even possible? I want to pursue physics on college and thrive on studying, but my honors physics teacher deems my task impossible.

Answers and Replies

Scoring a 5 should be easy as long as you use the prep book, take your honors physics class, are fairly bright (Im assuming you are), and dedicate 3-5 hours or so a week to extra studying. A 5 is around a 75% on the test...

I took it last year without a prep book/tests, but I did have the AP class, and easily scored a 5...

Thank you so much. This gives me hope that I can actually succeed.

The AP B exam is not very difficult. As long as you thoroughly understand how to do the non-multiple choice problems in your review book, I'm sure that you will be able to do quite well on the test.

I just took the B test and the problems in the review book are not as difficult as problems on the test fyi. try to get actual questions from past tests.

Fisicks: Really? I've heard the opposite. I'm mostly worried about the free response.