Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is electro-weak force intermediate for strong force happening?

1. Sep 29, 2011 #1
    Please teach me this:
    In collider of lepton scattering from hadron,I think that the electro-weak force is interaction between lepton and hadron, then hadron being excited,because of this inducing the strong force has an effect of producing new hadrons(if possible).So that electro-weak force is ''intermediate force'' in producing new hadrons.Is that correct?
    Thank you very much in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 29, 2011 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I have noticed many posts like this from you recently. I suspect that there are two reasons why you get very few replies. The topics are very advanced, and your English is very, very difficult to understand. I'm sorry to say this, but I can't figure out what you are talking about.

4. Sep 30, 2011 #3
    I am grateful very much for the Physics Forum.In Vietnam I have to self-study Physics and English.The Forum has really helped very,very much.

5. Sep 30, 2011 #4

Bill_K

Science Advisor

ndung200790, I think I can figure out what you're asking, please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Most colliders these days are lepton-lepton (LEP) or hadron-hadron (Tevatron and LHC) colliders. The only lepton-hadron collider in the world is HERA at DESY, which collides 30 GeV electrons/positrons with 920 GeV protons.

As you see http://www.pd.infn.it/~longhin/tesidott/html/node3.html" [Broken], you are correct: the initial interaction is either electromagnetic (photon) or weak (W or Z). From that point on, the energy from the collision goes into the production of additional particles, both hadrons and leptons.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  6. Oct 4, 2011 #5
    Thank you very much for your helpful answer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook