Is Entanglement related to Gravitational Fields?

In summary, Entanglement and the gravitational field's attribute of instantaneous action from a distance are not related. The concept of gravity being inflicted instantaneously is not supported by evidence and the warping of space and time in general relativity is not instantaneous."
cdux
I read about Entanglement and the particles' peculiar attributes concerning instantaneous action from a distance, and I wonder if they are related to the notion of fields such as the gravitational field's attribute of inflicting action instantaneously.

</Layman's question>

Physics news on Phys.org
No, entanglement has nothing to do with gravity. And where did you get the idea that gravity was "inflicted" instantaneously? I was under the impression that the evidence leaned toward a speed of c for gravity.

Well I'm just a layman, don't hit me. I got the impression that the warping of space and time in general relativity is done instantaneously. Hence I thought entanglement may be related.

1. What is entanglement?

Entanglement is a phenomenon in quantum mechanics where two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the other, even if they are physically separated.

2. How is entanglement related to gravitational fields?

There is currently no direct evidence to suggest a relationship between entanglement and gravitational fields. However, some theories, such as string theory, propose that entanglement may be related to the curvature of spacetime caused by gravitational fields.

3. Can gravitational fields cause entanglement?

According to current scientific understanding, gravitational fields do not directly cause entanglement. However, they may indirectly affect entanglement through their influence on the behavior of particles.

4. Is there any experimental evidence for a connection between entanglement and gravitational fields?

At this time, there is no experimental evidence to support a direct connection between entanglement and gravitational fields. However, ongoing research in quantum mechanics and gravity may shed light on this potential relationship in the future.

5. How could entanglement and gravitational fields be related in the future?

While there is currently no direct evidence for a relationship between entanglement and gravitational fields, advancements in technology and further research may reveal a deeper connection between these two phenomena. It is possible that a better understanding of quantum gravity could provide insights into the nature of entanglement and its potential role in gravitational fields.