Is Every Subset of a Finite Dimensional Space Also Finite Dimensional?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fringhe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Finite Space
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Fringhe
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


How could I prove that the subset of a finite dimensional space is also finite dimensional?


Homework Equations


N/A


The Attempt at a Solution


I think it's more intuitive in the sense that since the vector space is finite dimensional the subset is forcibly finite dimensional.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What is the definition of "finite dimensional"?

Btw, I think you mean "subspace", not "subset".
 
do you mean subspace?

any basis for the subpace will be contained in the finite dimensional space. What is the maximum number of linearly independent vectors in any subset of a finite dimensional space?