Is General Relativity by Crowell Worth the Investment?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
I have just been informed that the author is our newest Mentor!

How cool. Guess I don't have to be concerned that the book was written by a crackpot!

I am currently working as a contractor for HP. They have several printers running nearby by my work area which are capable of spitting out about 2 pages a second. They have been printing about anything they can find with no copyright. I have picked up a 1911 history of Oregon, Frankenstein, Dracula, several of Shakespeare's plays, a Diffy Eq book, Rough Riders by T. Roosevelt. Others that I cannot recall right now.
 
It looks like he's trying to do something different from the usual GR book. Very chatty, lighter on the mathematical details, and with lots of Mathematica scripts.