Is He the Right Match for Evo?

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary, Tsunami thinks that Evo needs a man, and she is offering her services to be Evo's man. She thinks that Evo is a lonely woman who needs someone to take care of her, and she is confident that she can be that person. She also thinks that Evo is a smart woman who does not need a man to complete her. She is confident that she can be a good match for Evo.
Evo said:
Tow truck's here, flat tire, can't change it because idiot dealership forgot to give me the wheel key, ice storm is starting, I'm cursed. :cry:

:confused: What's a wheel key and what does it have to do with changing a tire? Perhaps if an ice storm is starting, there's no point worrying about the flat anyway since you shouldn't be driving in ice with that sort of luck anyway. I'll send tribdog over to melt the ice for you. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
enigma said:
*Available*

*looks around*

nope. nothing.

Unfortunately, I think I'm disqualified due to your arbitrary age restrictions, Evo.

There is also that small issue with some cookies I swore undying love to get (but have yet to receive)...

Wait, what happened? I thought you had met someone who had you all full of smit!

As for those cookies, you left me at the altar right after that! :cry: If tribdog hadn't shown up to console me with limericks, I don't know if I'd ever have recovered.

Moonbear said:
Wait, what happened? I thought you had met someone who had you all full of smit!

As for those cookies, you left me at the altar right after that! :cry: If tribdog hadn't shown up to console me with limericks, I don't know if I'd ever have recovered.
Smit?! Okay, now you're just making words up. Or does the m just mean you couldn't decide between an h and a p? And considering he left you at the alter, I would think 'sjit' would represent a better balance between the two than 'smit'.

Tribdog should be worried. Using words like 'smit' is a sure sign Moonbear has never completely gotten over Enigma.

BobG said:
Smit?! Okay, now you're just making words up. Or does the m just mean you couldn't decide between an h and a p? And considering he left you at the alter, I would think 'sjit' would represent a better balance between the two than 'smit'.

Tribdog should be worried. Using words like 'smit' is a sure sign Moonbear has never completely gotten over Enigma.

No, that was Enigma's word choice, not mine. I thought he had gone out for a date and came back telling us how great it was and that he was all full of "smit."

Moonbear said:
:confused: What's a wheel key and what does it have to do with changing a tire? Perhaps if an ice storm is starting, there's no point worrying about the flat anyway since you shouldn't be driving in ice with that sort of luck anyway.
It's a key to a locking lug nut to prevent theft of the wheel. Yeah, you can't trust these cows out here, as soon as you turn your back they're stealing wheels! :bugeye:

I'm back, I'm cold, I'm ticked off, there is at least a 2" coating of ice on the power lines right now so I'm wondering how long it will be before they snap and I have no electricity. :devil:

I'll send tribdog over to melt the ice for you.
NOOOOOOO! I mean, uhm, that's ok, I'd still like to have a car after the ice melts. :smile:

Moonbear said:
No, that was Enigma's word choice, not mine. I thought he had gone out for a date and came back telling us how great it was and that he was all full of "smit."
Oh, no wonder you dumped him.

Still, in the interest of saying something at least a little bit mean, your avatar certainly is a drastic adaptation of the picture on that NOAA web page.

Last edited:
BobG said:
Oh, no wonder you dumped him.

Still, in the interest of saying something at least a little bit mean, your avatar certainly is a drastic adaptation of the picture on that NOAA web page.

LOL! I forgot to remove that from my signature line. I guess the holidays are over anyway, so I think I'll return to my jellyfish soon anyway. Of course, now that I figured out how to play with animated gifs and get them to upload as an avatar, I might have to go avatar hunting again...that is if I remember what I did last time. Whatever it was, it surely won't work from my office computer, which is horribly jealous of my sleek, newer laptop and hasn't worked properly since I got it.

Evo said:
Tow truck's here, flat tire, can't change it because idiot dealership forgot to give me the wheel key, ice storm is starting, I'm cursed. :cry:

You see Evo, if you only were not too selective about men your trouble with cars and electricity would be distant memory.
[COLOR=LemonChiffon]choose tumor,choose tumor[/COLOR]

tumor said:
You see Evo, if you only were not too selective about men your trouble with cars and electricity would be distant memory.
[COLOR=LemonChiffon]choose tumor,choose tumor[/COLOR]

tumor should lose a point for dorking up his attempt to submit subliminal messages in LemonChiffon.

Unless that color really is LemonChiffon, in which case he should lose five points.

LemonChiffon is the color of choice for all subliminal messengers. It really is LemonChiffon though -- the fact that it looks pink is just a testament to how powerful subliminal messages can be. I guess you didn't consciously see the message right below it that reads:

"LEMON CHIFFON LOOKS PINK."

Don't worry, it took me a while to see it, too.

- Warren

Evo said:
I'm back, I'm cold, I'm ticked off, there is at least a 2" coating of ice on the power lines right now so I'm wondering how long it will be before they snap and I have no electricity.

(ahem) There's no ice in Austin. :blushing:

Echo 6 Sierra said:
(ahem) There's no ice in Austin. :blushing:

Whaddya think, Evo? Willing to relocate? :smile:

p.s. Spiffy hat, BobG! :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
Whaddya think, Evo? Willing to relocate? :smile:

p.s. Spiffy hat, BobG! :biggrin:

Thanks. You're so much nicer than Nicole Kidman (Far and Away).

If you where with me there wouldn't have been a problem with needing a tow truck, could have got hold of a set of spare wheelbolt keys and i am a trained tyre fitter and tyre balancer.

Oh I have not posted why I am the 'Man for Evo'. Well to be honest I am not. I have a girlfriend and I really want to stay loyal to her so I am not the man for Evo. Simple as that. Sorry.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Andy said:
If you where with me there wouldn't have been a problem with needing a tow truck, could have got hold of a set of spare wheelbolt keys and i am a trained tyre fitter and tyre balancer.
:!) Andy's points keep increasing!

Your smile is the gentle kiss of the Sun to the flowers, the sweet rain to the desert, and the warm hearth to the cold and weary.
With a tilt of your head and a soft gaze my heart fills as your darling face is forever etched in my mind.
I am powerless in your presence yet all-powerful for your bidding.
I wish only for your happiness and to be near you.
May you be granted long life, a full heart, and love from all you meet.

Echo 6 Sierra said:
Your smile is the gentle kiss of the Sun to the flowers, the sweet rain to the desert, and the warm hearth to the cold and weary.
With a tilt of your head and a soft gaze my heart fills as your darling face is forever etched in my mind.

Forget Evo! Hell, I'll marry you! What a sweetie-pie! :!) :!) :biggrin:

seriously, sis, I think you might want to give this one a look-see...

Echo 6 Sierra said:
Ok, major points for Echo 6 Sierra.

Math Is Hard said:
Forget Evo! Hell, I'll marry you! What a sweetie-pie! :!) :!) :biggrin:

seriously, sis, I think you might want to give this one a look-see...
Oh, you have no idea, he cooks, makes soap, what else was it that you listed?

Almost all you guys(except tumor) sound pathethic and not like real men.No wonder Evo is alone.

Last edited:
Excuse me please, I'm looking for the shrine but seem to have lost my way...

Evo said:
Ok, major points for Echo 6 Sierra.
CHA-CHING!

(desperately searches for reply on other thread) :blushing: :shy: Uhhhh...wait...I uhh (gulp) I mean... :redface: I can't remember all of it but just about everything from changing diapers to talking crumb-snatchers into doing what I want them to.

From last years Valentines box thread.
Echo 6 Sierra said:
I'm good AND smart and my Nieces and Nephews think I'm magic. I can make ANY baby laugh, change diapers and make formula faster than most single-child Moms out there. My specialty is shooting raisins and Cheerios into a bowl across a table but not at the same time, that would be just plain gross. I cook, bake, sew, kinda knit, and make soap. Part time poet, wanna-be bon vivant. When my neighbors can't catch their pets they call me. For some reason, animals like me. I'm first on the list when people need someone to help them move.
It's all still good except the latest MRI says no more attempts at moving sleeper sofas upstairs/downstairs by myself, otherwise Dr. Frankenschtein gets to knit one, pearl two on my shoulder.

And don't forget, I warm the lotion up BEFORE I rub da foots. Oh, and I know how to use an orange stick.

Echo 6 Sierra said:
And don't forget, I warm the lotion up BEFORE I rub da foots. Oh, and I know how to use an orange stick.

Reminds me of that LLcoolJ hip hop video

And what is an orange stick? :biggrin:

Echo 6 Sierra said:
I'll take TWO of you! :smile: :smile:

Moonbear said:

Bleh. She doesn't want to see me for some reason, but doesn't have the guts to tell me so.

She basically said: "I'm going to be really busy for the next few weeks with family coming into town" as an excuse to not call or go out. That was before Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

I simply don't feel like playing that game (or any of the other games she was playing).

And "full of smit" was derived from "smitten".

But enough about the sad state of my non-existant love life.

Last edited:
enigma said:
Bleh. She doesn't want to see me for some reason, but doesn't have the guts to tell me so.

She basically said: "I'm going to be really busy for the next few weeks with family coming into town" as an excuse to not call or go out. That was before Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

Aww, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. She'll be kicking herself later for letting you get away. Really good looking rocket scientists are incredibly rare! She should have been honored for the privilege of going out with you. :cool:

Echo 6 Sierra said:

And you're still single? And heterosexual? I have to admit I've never met any man who knew what an orange stick was and thought of things like warming up lotion who wasn't gay.

Though I don't think Evo is concerned about someone who knows how to diaper babies. Her daughters seem to be well past that stage, and Evo is a bit too young to need it herself yet. :biggrin:

enigma said:

I simply don't feel like playing that game (or any of the other games she was playing).

She's a fool. Our Enigma is a hunk. Who can resist a man with wings? :-p

Moonbear said:
And you're still single? And heterosexual? I have to admit I've never met any man who knew what an orange stick was and thought of things like warming up lotion who wasn't gay.
Yes, single and quite the hetero. My knowledge comes from sisters and an EX-wife. Growing up and being married was all very "Quai Chang-Cain at the Shau-Lin temple in kung-fu"-ish.

The_Professional said:
Reminds me of that LLcoolJ hip hop video

And what is an orange stick? :biggrin:

I found one in a coworker's desk drawer and from what I can figure, it's a specially designed popsicle stick. It has an abrasive surface, probably so the popsicle doesn't fall off so fast as it melts.

Or, it might be useful as a tongue depressor, especially for those problem patients who just can't keep their tongues flat so the doctor can look at their throat. The abrasive surface would do a better job of hanging onto the tongue.

I also tried using one to propel some of the blu-tack mentioned in the other thread, figuring a better grip would provide a more accurate trajectory when flinging the blu-tack at an ususpecting coworker's back. Unfortunately, the two have formed an inseparable bond and I can't do any other experiments with it. I've been trying to scrape that blu-tack stuff off the orange stick for about half an hour now and the only effect I've noticed is that my fingernails look much nicer.

Edit: Silly me. I should have just looked on the internet. This is an orange stick: http://www.nameloc.netfirms.com/orange.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Echo, sounds good, too good in fact. I think he must be gay. lol, only joking. i can do everything he can do only better. Except that orange stick thing haven't a clue what he's going on about with that one.

Ivan Seeking said:
I think each candidate should be given a challenge. For example, hang from a tree for 24 hours while suspended with fishhooks, or swim across a raging river while carrying 200 LBS of weights, or cross the sahara desert barefoot, with no food or water, and blindfolded. In other words, prove your manhood in the traditional sense. The winner gets to continue begging! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
I propose a battery of questions - dating game style!

So are we going to start these questions or not? Here's a toughie right off the bat for the contestants:

What does Evo suspect Mr Foofer does in his spare time?

BobG said:
So are we going to start these questions or not? Here's a toughie right off the bat for the contestants:

What does Evo suspect Mr Foofer does in his spare time?
ohh, that's a good one. BobG, you're on the question committee.

OK, Bachelors...

Your responses, please. Then we'll post Question 2.

enigma said:

I think you need to do some more exercise in order to have more chance. The last photograph about you didn't show a good fitness...and Evo may look for Schwarzenneger muscles. Hurry up! Get into a gym! :biggrin: