It's a math problem that's being considered here.
A real life anecdote: The other day it was raining lightly. I had on my rain jacket with the hood up. No rainpants or umbrella. I only had to walk for 5-6 minutes to get to the transit station. The jacket and hood protected the horizontal surfaces (top of my head, shoulders) and the brim of the hood shielded my face, at least at my walking speed.
A guy went by on an electric scooter. He was dressed the same as me but was clearly getting hit with rain at a higher rate. He was headed to the same destination and of course got there much more quickly.
When I arrived scooter boy was still there, waiting for the train. My pants had gotten some rain but were basically dry. His looked wet. Different materials maybe? His face also looked wet. Maybe he was sweating.