1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Is it possible for me to become an engineer?

1. Oct 17, 2017 #1
    I'm currently at a junior college and want to major in mechanical or electrical engineering. The issue is that I got arrested for a misdemeanor a couple of years ago. Even though it I didn't get prosecuted nor convicted and I got it expunged does it affect my chances of being an engineer?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2017 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

No, it shouldn't have any effect on your chances of becoming an engineer unless you want to get a job that requires a security clearance. Very few jobs would phrase their character question in a way that would require you to answer "yes". Most ask if you have been convicted of a crime more serious than a traffic infraction or misdemeanor.

4. Oct 22, 2017 #3
    Even when it comes to jobs requiring a security clearance it's usually felony crimes they care about. And you're saying you weren't convicted of a misdemeanor? Yeah, pretty sure you have nothing to worry about. Just don't get in trouble anymore.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted