1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it possible to delay grad school acceptance

1. Jun 22, 2012 #1
    I'm a rising junior and will very likely apply to physics graduate school during senior year, but I'm also thinking about applying for a Fulbright Scholarship or other programs that would be a year long and not necessarily involve physics. Everything I found when I searched this forum said applying after graduating without extra physics hurt your application, so I'd still like to apply as a senior.
    Would it be possible, if accepted to a school, for me to take a year off before matriculating? It seemed universal for undergrad admissions if kids wanted to apply to college and then take a gap year, although I understand at this level it might depend on the specific university. So far I've looked at websites for a few different schools and searched on this forum but haven't found an answer.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2012 #2
    Don't quote me, but I believe most programs will allow you to defer your enrollment by 1 year. So if you are accepted for Fall 2013, you may enroll Fall 2014.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook