Is it possible to double jump in real life?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lunct
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jump Life
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 6K views
Lunct
Messages
133
Reaction score
16
I think it is not possible, my friend seems to think if you press hard enough on the atmosphere it will become dense enough to jump on.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Lunct said:
I think it is not possible, my friend seems to think if you press hard enough on the atmosphere it will become dense enough to jump on.
With a person's feet? That's absurd.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Nidum and Lunct
phinds said:
With a person's feet? That's absurd.
exactly what I was saying. So I am right?
 
Lunct said:
exactly what I was saying. So I am right?
What did I just say? Do I really need to say it again?
 
phinds said:
What did I just say? Do I really need to say it again?
I am trying to prove him wrong, okay.
 
Do a rough sum and show it to him . You have air density and area of bottom of an average foot . How fast would the foot have to be traveling through the air to get any useful lift force ?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Lunct
Lunct said:
I am trying to prove him wrong, okay.
We do not debunk nonsense here at the PF. Thread is closed.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Lunct