1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it possible to implement this circuit operation?

1. Sep 30, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    When switch A is turn on , LED 1 will light up When switch B is turn on , LED 2 will light up. When one of the LED is turn on , all other LED will not turn on. When the LED is turning on and if you are to press another switch , it will have no effect at all. what I mean is no other LED will turn on

In this project , I am only allowed to use the following component.
    opamp , zener diode , led , resistor , capacitor , p or n mosfet , NPN BJT or PNP BJT , diode , temperature sensor , LDR , speaker , trimmer , switch(normal) , pusb-button switch , infra red emitter , red detector

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    Is it possible to form a digital logic circuit using diode and resistor?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2015 #2

Daz

Gold Member

Yes - it's called RTL or resistor-transistor logic. (wikipedia has it covered.)

4. Sep 30, 2015 #3

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Uh ... Daz, how to you jump from the question about diode/resistor logic to resistor/transistor logic? They are not the same thing.

5. Sep 30, 2015 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

No, but since you are allowed to use transistors you don't have that problem.

6. Sep 30, 2015 #5

Daz

Gold Member

I misread - that's how. Oops. Anyway RTL or DTL would do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted