Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it possible to obtain 2 MSc degrees?

1. Jan 12, 2012 #1
    I'm currently in the 12th Grade and the only course in Physics that the college that I am aiming for has is an integrated MSc degree. So in 5 years time, I will be walking out with an MSc degree in my hands with no intermediate BSc degree. What I wanted to know is whether I will be able to apply to any other university for another Master's degree. Also, how will having a degree affect my chances?

Can anyone inform me about the potential downfalls and the plus-points for going for an integrated degree?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2012 #2
    You should be able to. A poster on here, who has a PhD in Physics, was also doing an MSc in Renewable Energy or something along the lines of that...

4. Jan 12, 2012 #3
    Sure, two MS degrees happen all the time. I've got two, my wife has two, and one of the former directors of NASA has like 6. :smile:

Two Ph.D.s, on the other hand, is very different, and is a symptom of a serious mental illness.

5. Jan 12, 2012 #4
    But Sheldon Cooper's mom had him tested :P

6. Jan 12, 2012 #5
    You beat me to it :P

7. Jan 12, 2012 #6
    Michael Griffin, NASA administrator under the last administration, held multiple degrees, including I think 4 or 5 masters degrees.

Learning can be lifelong; at any rate, holding multiple degrees certainly didn't hold him back in any way. I'm sure the opposite was true.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook