Is it possible to obtain 2 MSc degrees?

• Programs
  • Thread starter thebiggerbang
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Degrees Msc
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of obtaining an integrated MSc degree in Physics without an intermediate BSc degree and whether this would affect the individual's chances of pursuing another Master's degree at a different university. The potential benefits and drawbacks of pursuing multiple degrees are also mentioned, with examples of individuals who have successfully obtained multiple degrees.
thebiggerbang
I'm currently in the 12th Grade and the only course in Physics that the college that I am aiming for has is an integrated MSc degree. So in 5 years time, I will be walking out with an MSc degree in my hands with no intermediate BSc degree. What I wanted to know is whether I will be able to apply to any other university for another Master's degree. Also, how will having a degree affect my chances?

Can anyone inform me about the potential downfalls and the plus-points for going for an integrated degree?

Physics news on Phys.org
You should be able to. A poster on here, who has a PhD in Physics, was also doing an MSc in Renewable Energy or something along the lines of that...

Sure, two MS degrees happen all the time. I've got two, my wife has two, and one of the former directors of NASA has like 6. :smile:

Two Ph.D.s, on the other hand, is very different, and is a symptom of a serious mental illness.

TMFKAN64 said:
Two Ph.D.s, on the other hand, is very different, and is a symptom of a serious mental illness.

But Sheldon Cooper's mom had him tested :P

thebiggerbang said:
But Sheldon Cooper's mom had him tested :P

You beat me to it :P

Michael Griffin, NASA administrator under the last administration, held multiple degrees, including I think 4 or 5 masters degrees.

Learning can be lifelong; at any rate, holding multiple degrees certainly didn't hold him back in any way. I'm sure the opposite was true.

1. Can I obtain two MSc degrees at the same time?

No, it is not possible to obtain two MSc degrees simultaneously. You can only pursue one degree at a time.

2. Can I obtain two MSc degrees in different fields of study?

Yes, it is possible to obtain two MSc degrees in different fields of study. However, it may require additional time and effort as you will have to complete the requirements for both degrees separately.

3. Is it necessary to complete a thesis for both MSc degrees?

Yes, most MSc programs require students to complete a thesis as part of their degree requirements. This applies to both degrees if you are pursuing two simultaneously.

4. Are there any benefits to obtaining two MSc degrees?

Having two MSc degrees can make you more marketable in the job market. It also shows that you have a diverse skill set and knowledge in multiple areas of study.

5. Is it possible to obtain two MSc degrees from different universities?

Yes, it is possible to obtain two MSc degrees from different universities. However, it may require additional time and effort to coordinate between the two institutions and meet the requirements for both degrees.