Is It Safe to Drink Milk Left Out for 3 Hours?
- Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
76 replies · 93K views
Biology news on Phys.org
TheStatutoryApe
- 301
- 3
Psst... you forgot to tell her to go to your room.Greg Bernhardt said:uhhh hello, white russians are like my fav drink, of course I have kahlua! but you're still on probation, you can have this flat coke.![]()
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
That actually works sometimes too. Seriously.TheStatutoryApe said:Psst... you forgot to tell her to go to your room.![]()
- 20,002
- 11,120
oh the things that can come from talking about spoiling milk. I haven't had this much fun since aol chatrooms in 95 
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Well, it is GD! You never know what might happen in here.Greg Bernhardt said:oh the things that can come from talking about spoiling milk. I haven't had this much fun since aol chatrooms in 95![]()
Just look at this...it's Greg and all the PF women in here.
- 20,002
- 11,120
Moonbear said:Well, it is GD! You never know what might happen in here.
Just look at this...it's Greg and all the PF women in here.
Apparently I need start hanging out in GD more often... and start up the PF Dating service, I could make a fortune :)
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Hey, I keep asking for a PF Dating Service. I tried that thread once, but forgot to make the poll public so people who know who was actually available.Greg Bernhardt said:Apparently I need start hanging out in GD more often... and start up the PF Dating service, I could make a fortune :)
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
well, you know me. I always want more. Give me a cubic meter, and I'll ask for a dekaliter.honestrosewater said:And you want two dozen instead? MIH, you minx.
*waits for Pengwuino's wrath*
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Hmmph! I've read numerous articles that guffaw at the little kitty who received his credentials online from a dubious institution. Yet, none of them mention the fact that he now commands a six-figure salary as a consultant with Ernst and Young (possessing a key to the Executive Litterbox, to boot).Moonbear said:Well now you're just showing off with that fancy degree you got there.![]()
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
That's right. I don't come cheaply.Greg Bernhardt said:Apparently I need start hanging out in GD more often... and start up the PF Dating service, I could make a fortune :)
(Heh. I don't mean anything indecent by that.
And if you think I did, it wasn't my words but your interpretation.
)
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
I think that's actually a good idea. Someone was just asking how you let people know that you're "looking".Moonbear said:Hey, I keep asking for a PF Dating Service. I tried that thread once, but forgot to make the poll public so people who know who was actually available.![]()
![]()
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Yeah, Hurkyl and me. I'm sure it'll be a great service, 10,000 men and 6 women signed up...yep, the odds sound about right to me.honestrosewater said:I think that's actually a good idea. Someone was just asking how you let people know that you're "looking".

- 20,002
- 11,120
Moonbear said:Yeah, Hurkyl and me. I'm sure it'll be a great service, 10,000 men and 6 women signed up...yep, the odds sound about right to me.![]()
As long as I can code the system to my advantage it's all good. One minute it's 10,000 to 6 and the next 1 to 6
TheStatutoryApe
- 301
- 3
With those odds you'll have plenty of men jumping ship.Moonbear said:Yeah, Hurkyl and me. I'm sure it'll be a great service, 10,000 men and 6 women signed up...yep, the odds sound about right to me.![]()
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Greg Bernhardt said:As long as I can code the system to my advantage it's all good. One minute it's 10,000 to 6 and the next 1 to 6![]()
Well, perseverance is one of the screening traits.TheStatutoryApe said:With those odds you'll have plenty of men jumping ship.

TheStatutoryApe
- 301
- 3
It has nothing to do with perseverance. You hang out around 10,000 guys all trying to hook up with one of only six girls and tell me how long you lasted. I think you'd pick someone just to get the hell outta there.Moonbear said:Well, perseverance is one of the screening traits.![]()
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
TheStatutoryApe said:It has nothing to do with perseverance. You hang out around 10,000 guys all trying to hook up with one of only six girls and tell me how long you lasted. I think you'd pick someone just to get the hell outta there.![]()
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
Yeah, I know it was Hurkyl. I think he's cute too.Moonbear said:Yeah, Hurkyl and me. I'm sure it'll be a great service, 10,000 men and 6 women signed up...yep, the odds sound about right to me.![]()
Hm, remind me not to drink and post at the same time.
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
I think TSA and Greg are cute too.
Yeah, someone had better shut me up soon.
Yeah, someone had better shut me up soon.
- 20,002
- 11,120
honestrosewater said:I think TSA and Greg are cute too.
Yeah, someone had better shut me up soon.
oh I'll shut you up... now go to my room!
(sorry, my protein shake gets me a little loopy)
Last edited:
Mk
- 2,040
- 4
Just stopping by... interesting discussion.
What do you mean by "protein shake," are you shaking protein??
What do you mean by "protein shake," are you shaking protein??
- 20,002
- 11,120
Mk said:What do you mean by "protein shake," are you shaking protein??
To prepare for the upcoming spring soccer league I'm starting my training early. I bought 20 pounds of a powdered protein substance that I mix into milk and it gives me an easy 30g of protein. I drink 2 a day. As a side effect it also gives me a very hairy complection as you can see from my recent mug shot on the left.
Last edited:
Mk
- 2,040
- 4
Wow, twenty pounds, I'm surprised anybody can carry that. And I bet there is more milk than protein, so... that's an at least 40 pound drink. You must have a big stomach. And two a day! High metabolism to accompany.20 pounds of a powdered protein substance that I mix into milk and it gives me an easy 30g of protein. I drink 2 a day.
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
So does that 20 calories/cup difference between 1% and 2% disappoint you too? I mean, shouldn't it be more? That's not much, 20 calories...Greg Bernhardt said:To prepare for the upcoming spring soccer league I'm starting my training early. I bought 20 pounds of a powdered protein substance that I mix into milk and it gives me an easy 30g of protein. I drink 2 a day. As a side effect it also gives me a very hairy complection as you can see from my recent mug shot on the left.
Hm, or am I still just strange?
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
Um, I'm not ignoring this, BTW. I just can't reply, wink wink.Greg Bernhardt said:oh I'll shut you up... now go to my room!
(sorry, my protein shake gets me a little loopy)
Schrodinger's Dog
- 840
- 7
Has anyone ever noticed that slightly off milk smells and tastes slightly of strawberry I always thought that was odd? Good bench test make a cup of tea/coffee, put some milk in if it curdles bin it, if it doesn't drink it. Works for me. Barring a thunderstorm or a witch walking past or Cane or Satan, leaving large quantities of chilled stuff out for a few hours will do no real harm, that's just thermodynamics for you

Mk
- 2,040
- 4
Oh c'mon, I was hoping somebody that wasn't in gold or blue or green would post.
I think old milk does not taste good. One time I took I big drink, and whew was that bad!
I think old milk does not taste good. One time I took I big drink, and whew was that bad!
Similar threads
- rpandrew
- · Replies 1 ·
- Chemistry
- Replies
- 1
- tarakan
- · Replies 9 ·
- Chemistry
- Replies
- 9
- jb
- · Replies 12 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 12
- russ_watters
- · Replies 35 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 35
- oldunion
- · Replies 2 ·
- Chemistry
- Replies
- 2