Is it scientificly possible for HAARP to create earthquakes?

• Thread starter Minchken
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of human manipulation of weather through technologies such as HAARP and cloud seeding. The speaker expresses concern about the potential for creating earthquakes, but it is confirmed that HAARP does not have the capability to cause earthquakes. The conversation also mentions the deletion of a post regarding a psychic conspiracy theory.
Minchken
Or create weather? I am worried about this so bad... please give me facts and info..

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I am really just worried about the earthquake,

it is 100 percent true that it cannot create earthquakes right?

So I should stop worrying?

Minchken said:
I am really just worried about the earthquake,

it is 100 percent true that it cannot create earthquakes right?

So I should stop worrying?

Why on Earth would you worry about this? What earthquake are you talking about? There is no way we can create Earthquakes (at least strong enough to be a problem, a nuclear bomb underground would probably make a tremor but I don't imagine it would be anywhere near as powerful as a serious quake) and HAARP has nothing to do with earthquakes.

Minchken, HAARP conspiracy theories are not allowed here. Your post about the psychic crackpot has been deleted.

Last edited:

1. Can HAARP actually create earthquakes?

There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) can create earthquakes. The technology used by HAARP is not capable of producing enough energy to cause a seismic event.

2. How does HAARP work?

HAARP uses radio frequency energy to study the ionosphere, a layer of the Earth's atmosphere. It does this by transmitting radio waves into the ionosphere and then observing the effects on the reflecting waves. This research helps scientists better understand how the ionosphere affects communication and navigation systems.

3. Is there any connection between HAARP and natural disasters like earthquakes?

No, there is no evidence to support a connection between HAARP and natural disasters such as earthquakes. HAARP's research focus is on the ionosphere and does not have the capability to control or manipulate natural events like earthquakes.

4. What have scientific studies shown about HAARP's capabilities?

Several scientific studies have been conducted on HAARP and have found no evidence of its ability to create earthquakes or other natural disasters. The technology used by HAARP is well understood and has been shown to have no significant impact on the Earth's environment or weather patterns.

5. Why do some people believe that HAARP can create earthquakes?

The belief that HAARP can create earthquakes is based on conspiracy theories and misinformation. Some people may also confuse HAARP with other controversial technologies, such as weather modification, which are not related to HAARP's research focus on the ionosphere.