Is it too hard "God Created the Integers"?

• Foundations
  • Thread starter Gjmdp
  • Start date
This Stephen Hawking book gathers the most important books along human history. In theory, this book is just divulgative, but, Gäuss, Riemann, Gödel... books included in Hawking's are not meant to be divulgative. So, any of you who read the book(/books if separeted) think it's maybe too hard. PD: I've got some basics on Multivariable Calculus, not much far away from that.

Answers and Replies

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
This Stephen Hawking book gathers the most important books along human history. In theory, this book is just divulgative, but, Gäuss, Riemann, Gödel... books included in Hawking's are not meant to be divulgative. So, any of you who read the book(/books if separeted) think it's maybe too hard. PD: I've got some basics on Multivariable Calculus, not much far away from that.
What does that word mean in English?

I may be completely off-track here, but from the context it seems like he means the Hawking book is a popularization but the bibliography lists book that are not popularized for the masses.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I may be completely off-track here, but from the context it seems like he means the Hawking book is a popularization but the bibliography lists book that are not popularized for the masses.
Well, we could guess about it forever. Maybe he'll answer my question and we won't have to.

martinbn
Science Advisor
What does that word mean in English?
That's an attempt to make an adjective from divulge.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
That's an attempt to make an adjective from divulge.
Perhaps, but if so I fail to see how it makes sense. Why are we guessing about this? @Gjmdp how about you explain what you are talking about?