1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Foundations Is it too hard "God Created the Integers"?

1. Jun 20, 2016 #1
    This Stephen Hawking book gathers the most important books along human history. In theory, this book is just divulgative, but, Gäuss, Riemann, Gödel... books included in Hawking's are not meant to be divulgative. So, any of you who read the book(/books if separeted) think it's maybe too hard. PD: I've got some basics on Multivariable Calculus, not much far away from that.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2016 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

What does that word mean in English?

4. Jun 20, 2016 #3
    I may be completely off-track here, but from the context it seems like he means the Hawking book is a popularization but the bibliography lists book that are not popularized for the masses.

5. Jun 20, 2016 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Well, we could guess about it forever. Maybe he'll answer my question and we won't have to.

6. Jun 21, 2016 #5

martinbn

Science Advisor

That's an attempt to make an adjective from divulge.

7. Jun 21, 2016 #6

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Perhaps, but if so I fail to see how it makes sense. Why are we guessing about this? @Gjmdp how about you explain what you are talking about?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted