Is Jeff Goldblum's Acting Quality Measured by His Expressive Eyes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Quality
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
67 replies · 10K views


stevo101 said:
I'm suprised that no one has mentioned Kevin Spacey he's an excellent actor, and from what I hear he is one of the few people from hollywood this is also just as good on stage as he is on screen.

I love Kevin Spacey, and you're right, it's a shame no one had mentioned him. Pay It Forward, American Beauty, and K-PAX...all so good. By the way the K-PAX books are very fun to read.

Philip Seymour Hoffman is a great actor who doesn't seem to get great movies. He was awesome in Doubt. Although I have my reservations about her, Meryl Streep is good actress and was very good in Doubt as well.

Edward Norton and Cuba Gooding Jr. are good, but don't always seem to get good parts.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


There was this one really awful movie I saw once called Remembrance. The lead guy, man was he bad.
 


Cyrus said:
There was this one really awful movie I saw once called Remembrance. The lead guy, man was he bad.

Impossible, that's an academy award winning short !

Another example of great acting :



marlon
 
Last edited by a moderator:


marlon said:
Impossible, that's an academy award winning short !

Another example of great acting :



marlon


That guy is awesome!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Ivan Seeking said:
That guy is awesome!

He's one of my favorite actors.
 


Math Is Hard said:
He's one of my favorite actors.

Bravo :smile:!
 


Ohh, i am gettin' all emotional again...the macho thing doesn't work all the time

Thanks you guys

marlon
 


marlon said:
Ohh, i am gettin' all emotional again...the macho thing doesn't work all the time

Thanks you guys

marlon

Marlon, no joking here. One thing that I always look for in an actor is the expression in the eyes. If the eyes don't convey the emotion, then to me it is not good acting. That is one thing that often bothers me about Will Smith. For example, in Independence Day, when his best friend dies and Smith cries out NO! His eyes are absolutely dead - they convey nothing.

You, my good sir, can tell a story with your eyes.