Is Light a String in the Vibrating Geometry of the Universe?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Chris Walters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Light Strings
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Chris Walters
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
I am asking is light as it is related to particles could be (wave/particle theory)
could be composed of strings.

http://www.geocities.com/physicsquestion2007

Has anyone seen any publications or authors who support this idea?

Chris Walters
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Umm well in String theory Yes >.< In string theory every fundamental particle is no longer a point or sphere, but a vibrating string.
 
Geometry?

Gib Z said:
Umm well in String theory Yes >.< In string theory every fundamental particle is no longer a point or sphere, but a vibrating string.

Is there any convergence upon a geometry of these vibrating strings? I've often thought WFHagen's Engergiewirbel could be thought of as string geometry - though I'm not sure he would agree. What I found exciting was that this single force vector (string?) could be used explain pair creation/anilliation, particle geometry, weak and strong NF, and even gravity. I would think the string community would resonate with it. :)