Is there a guide for the properties of ideal gasses?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PhyIsOhSoHard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Properties
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
PhyIsOhSoHard
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
What I'm asking for is if there is a guide for the properties of processes like isochoric, isobaric, isothermal and adiabatic.

For instance, a comprehensive guide that tells me that the pressure in an isobaric expansion is the same before and after, etc.

If there isn't, does anybody have any good rule of thumbs when asked questions like that?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
PhyIsOhSoHard said:
For instance, a comprehensive guide that tells me that the pressure in an isobaric expansion is the same before and after, etc.
You realize that isobaric means equal pressures, and has nothing to do with ideal gases?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PhyIsOhSoHard
DrClaude said:
You realize that isobaric means equal pressures, and has nothing to do with ideal gases?
Oh, I see. Actually when I looked at my notes I found a place where it says the change in pressure is zero. It's just a lot of information to keep up with. Thanks! :)