Is there a table of Viscosity vs Temp for metals (liquid state)?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a viscosity vs temperature data table for pure post-transition metals over 500K, but has not been able to find any research or references on this specific topic. They are requesting the names of authors or books that may have information on this Arrhenius problem. The moderator has allowed this question to be asked and the conversation also includes a link to a book that contains useful information.
hernando Jose
[moderator's note: I've decided to allow this question despite the lack of the formatting template - gneill]

ladies and gentlemen, my most cordial greeting to you.

i write here cause i need a viscosity vs Temperature data table about liquid metals (more specific pure
Post-transition metal over 500k) but i haven't found anything. All research tha i found are about metals alloys or liquid metal with too low fusion point, I need this information for my investigación but i haven't any reference abou it. The name of some autor's or books about this Arrhenius problem will be really appreciate.

Best regards
Hernando José De Avila Pereira.

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Likes Bystander

1. What is viscosity?

Viscosity is a measure of a fluid's resistance to flow. It is a property that describes how thick or "sticky" a fluid is.

2. Why is there a need for a table of Viscosity vs Temp for metals in liquid state?

A table of Viscosity vs Temp for metals in liquid state is useful for understanding and predicting the behavior of molten metals, which is important in various industrial processes such as metal casting and welding.

3. How is viscosity affected by temperature for metals in liquid state?

Generally, the viscosity of metals in liquid state decreases as temperature increases. This is because as the temperature rises, the atoms and molecules in the metal have more energy and can move more freely, resulting in less resistance to flow.

4. Are there any factors that can affect the accuracy of a table of Viscosity vs Temp for metals in liquid state?

Yes, there are several factors that can affect the accuracy of such a table, including impurities in the metal, changes in pressure, and variations in composition or structure of the metal.

5. Where can I find a reliable table of Viscosity vs Temp for metals in liquid state?

There are many published resources available that provide tables of Viscosity vs Temp for metals in liquid state, including scientific journals, textbooks, and online databases. It is important to ensure that the source is reputable and the data is accurate before using it for any applications.

Back