Is there an antenna with this shape?

In summary: The figure you provided is of triangle shape, furthermore, the feedline is at the center.Note the picture I provided, the feedline is at the two of the center of the circle and they can communicate.
qnach
Is there an antenna of S shape or perhaps a butterfly shape?
What is the benefit of such design?

Engineering news on Phys.org
What research have you done on your own and what have you found so far?

Likes davenn
phinds said:
What research have you done on your own and what have you found so far?

Sure, I have conducted many research on it to know that every butterfly is equipped with an antenna.
Furthermore, I know this forum do not allow me to post picture.

qnach said:
Sure, I have conducted many research on it to know that every butterfly is equipped with an antenna.
Furthermore, I know this forum do not allow me to post picture.
People post pics on this forum all the time. Why do you think it is not allowed?

Are you joking about all this? Please try to give a serious answer to my question. What research have you done and what have you found out about S-shaped and butterfly-shaped antennae.

qnach said:
Is there an antenna of S shape or perhaps a butterfly shape?
What is the benefit of such design?
Here's a fun one I found with Google Images:

http://www.mixw.co.uk/MagLoop/photo/MLF_1_20.jpg
MLF_1_20.jpg

Likes Nik_2213
phinds said:
People post pics on this forum all the time. Why do you think it is not allowed?

Are you joking about all this? Please try to give a serious answer to my question. What research have you done and what have you found out about S-shaped and butterfly-shaped antennae.
i indeed searched for butterfly antenna since a S shape antenna might be called a butterfly...
I indeed want to post the picture of the antenna I want but I cannot...

qnach said:
I indeed want to post the picture of the antenna I want but I cannot...
There are two ways you can post an image...

-1- If you have a file on your computer in BMP or JPG format, you can use the UPLOAD button in the lower right corner of the Reply Window to Upload the file into your thread. Then choose whether you want it displayed as a Thumbnail picture or a Full-Size picture.

-2- You can do as I did above, and find an image and get the URL for the image, and then click the little "picture/painting" icol in the middle of the upper bar above the Reply Window. That let's you paste in the URL, which will cause the picture to display like mine did above.

Give one or both of those a try to see if they work for you. They should work fine. :smile:

qnach said:
How is the performance?
Beats me, I just found it on Google Images and thought it looked cool. You can click on the URL to get to the website to read more about the antenna if you like. :smile:

phinds said:

The figure you provided is of triangle shape, furthermore, the feedline is at the center.
Note the picture I provided, the feedline is at the two of the center of the circle and they can communicate.

qnach said:
The figure you provided is of triangle shape
HUH ?

1. What is the purpose of an antenna with this shape?

The purpose of an antenna with a specific shape is to optimize its performance in receiving and/or transmitting radio waves. Different shapes may be better suited for various frequencies or signal types.

2. Can this antenna shape be used for both receiving and transmitting?

Yes, antennas with certain shapes can be designed to work for both receiving and transmitting signals. However, the shape may need to be adjusted or optimized for specific frequencies or signal types.

3. How does the shape of an antenna affect its range?

The shape of an antenna can significantly impact its range. For example, some shapes may be better at focusing and amplifying signals, resulting in a longer range, while others may be better at picking up weaker signals closer by.

4. Are there any drawbacks to using an antenna with this shape?

There may be some drawbacks to using an antenna with a specific shape. For example, it may not perform well in certain weather conditions or may be more prone to interference from other electronic devices.

5. Can I customize the shape of an antenna for my specific needs?

Yes, antennas can be customized and designed for specific purposes and needs. This may involve adjusting the shape, size, or materials used to optimize performance for a particular frequency or signal type.