Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is there an antenna with this shape?

1. Feb 28, 2017 #1
    Is there an antenna of S shape or perhaps a butterfly shape?
    What is the benefit of such design?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2017 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

What research have you done on your own and what have you found so far?

4. Mar 1, 2017 #3
    Sure, I have conducted many research on it to know that every butterfly is equipped with an antenna.
    Furthermore, I know this forum do not allow me to post picture.

5. Mar 1, 2017 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

People post pics on this forum all the time. Why do you think it is not allowed?

Are you joking about all this? Please try to give a serious answer to my question. What research have you done and what have you found out about S-shaped and butterfly-shaped antennae.

6. Mar 1, 2017 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Here's a fun one I found with Google Images:

http://www.mixw.co.uk/MagLoop/photo/MLF_1_20.jpg
    MLF_1_20.jpg

7. Mar 1, 2017 #6
    i indeed searched for butterfly antenna since a S shape antenna might be called a butterfly....
    I indeed want to post the picture of the antenna I want but I cannot......

8. Mar 1, 2017 #7
  9. Mar 1, 2017 #8

berkeman

There are two ways you can post an image...

-1- If you have a file on your computer in BMP or JPG format, you can use the UPLOAD button in the lower right corner of the Reply Window to Upload the file into your thread. Then choose whether you want it displayed as a Thumbnail picture or a Full-Size picture.

-2- You can do as I did above, and find an image and get the URL for the image, and then click the little "picture/painting" icol in the middle of the upper bar above the Reply Window. That lets you paste in the URL, which will cause the picture to display like mine did above.

Give one or both of those a try to see if they work for you. They should work fine. :smile:

10. Mar 1, 2017 #9

berkeman

Beats me, I just found it on Google Images and thought it looked cool. You can click on the URL to get to the website to read more about the antenna if you like. :smile:

11. Mar 1, 2017 #10

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

12. Mar 1, 2017 #11
    The figure you provided is of triangle shape, furthermore, the feedline is at the center.
    Note the picture I provided, the feedline is at the two of the center of the circle and they can communicate.

13. Mar 1, 2017 #12

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

HUH ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted