Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is there any relation which holds between energy and metric space ?

1. Oct 1, 2012 #1
    Like any mathematical relativity between them as per General Relativity?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2012 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

General Relativity is a (and maybe "the") connection between energy (density) and spacetime.
    I don't understand your question.

4. Oct 1, 2012 #3
    Thanks for reply ..My problem is that is there any equation equation which states change in Energy with change is metric in GR(since energy is variant)..Since I find it really hard to read GR completely...can u please point out that equation and u can just give me a link where I can read about it..

5. Oct 1, 2012 #4

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Energy moves according to the metric of spacetime, and the metric of spacetime depends on the distribution of energy. If that is too qualitative, use the actual equations of GR.
    The wikipedia article about GR maybe. I don't know which equation you mean.

6. Oct 1, 2012 #5
    I think if you have trouble interpreting the greater Einstein Equation then you won't have much luck looking at a part of it.

7. Oct 1, 2012 #6

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook