Is there plastic film on this phone or not?

In summary: So when will they release the new folding screen phone? the screen won't break easily anymore?Its hard to say, I think the fact that its a very hard engineering problem to make an indestructible screen that can survive 1000's of screen foldings and not break.
sp3sp2sp
I got this phone and it came with this film mask thing that i think your supposed to apply to the screen, then peel it off, which is supposed to removed some film (?)
But the phone already has a little tab on top of the covering that's already attached (it says A5L so you know what I am referring to)...so you pull the tab and it comes off really easily.
Q: is there another film underneath that that only comes off with that mask thing that you apply? I looked and looked and i don't see any curling edges or anything, so I am wondering why they include that mask application thing.
Maybe that mask is just something they ship with all phones, in case the other film doesn't have a tab ot something?
thanks for any help

Attachments

• IMG_20190615_112831_9.jpg
    IMG_20190615_112831_9.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 249
Computer science news on Phys.org
I would ask the seller or the manufacturer about it first before just trying to peel it off.

If you check on the new folding screen phone Samsung there was what looked like a protective film on the screen and two reviewers attempted to pull it off and to their horror ruined the phone. Samsung had done a poor job explaining to folks that the film is actually a part of the screen which allows it to fold up and unfold. Removing it meant you ruined the touch and display aspects of the phone.

Likes anorlunda
jedishrfu said:
I would ask the seller or the manufacturer about it first before just trying to peel it off.

If you check on the new folding screen phone Samsung there was what looked like a protective film on the screen and two reviewers attempted to pull it off and to their horror ruined the phone. Samsung had done a poor job explaining to folks that the film is actually a part of the screen which allows it to fold up and unfold. Removing it meant you ruined the touch and display aspects of the phone.

So when will they release the new folding screen phone? the screen won't break easily anymore?

Its hard to say, I think the fact that its a very hard engineering problem to make an indestructible screen that can survive 1000's of screen foldings and not break.

Some of the phones out for review somehow got dirt in the joints which caused the screen to fail. I think that will force them to try a different design like two edges that seamless touch when unfolded.

1. Is plastic film necessary on a phone?

No, plastic film is not necessary on a phone. It is often used as a protective covering, but it is not a required component of a phone.

2. How can I tell if there is plastic film on my phone?

To check if there is plastic film on your phone, you can look for a thin, transparent layer on the screen or back of the phone. You can also try gently scratching the surface with your fingernail - if it leaves a mark, there is likely plastic film present.

3. Does plastic film affect the performance of a phone?

In most cases, plastic film does not affect the performance of a phone. However, it may impact the touch sensitivity of the screen or cause glare in bright lighting.

4. Can I remove the plastic film from my phone?

Yes, you can remove the plastic film from your phone if you prefer. You can simply peel it off or use a small tool to carefully lift the edges and remove it. Just be aware that removing the plastic film may void any warranty on the phone.

5. How long should I keep the plastic film on my phone?

There is no set time for how long you should keep the plastic film on your phone. Some people prefer to keep it on for added protection, while others may choose to remove it immediately. It is ultimately up to personal preference.