Is this a good book for mainly learning

• Thread starter BloodyFrozen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation is about a person inquiring about a book for learning proofs and asking for a recommendation or alternative. Another person suggests checking for the book at a nearby public library and offers to help with specific questions, and the original person asks for a book solely focused on high school proofs.
BloodyFrozen
Mathematics news on Phys.org

You might search http://www.worldcat.org for the title and tell it your zip code to see if a public library reasonably near to you might have a copy that you could look at. More public libraries have copies than I would expect.

A library near me has a copy, but it is checked out and won't be back for two weeks. If you had a few clear specific questions I could put a hold on it and when it shows up I could try to answer your questions. Leave a reply if you want me to do that.

Bill Simpson said:
You might search http://www.worldcat.org for the title and tell it your zip code to see if a public library reasonably near to you might have a copy that you could look at. More public libraries have copies than I would expect.

A library near me has a copy, but it is checked out and won't be back for two weeks. If you had a few clear specific questions I could put a hold on it and when it shows up I could try to answer your questions. Leave a reply if you want me to do that.

Thanks, I certainly will, but first have you taken geometry in high school (probably:smile:). Do you any books that teach directly on high school proofs and nothing else? (such as two column proofs, etc.)

1. Is this book suitable for beginners?

The answer depends on the specific book in question. Some books may be better suited for beginners, while others may require some prior knowledge. It is important to read reviews and research the content of the book before purchasing.

2. Does this book cover all the necessary topics for learning?

Again, this will vary depending on the book and the subject matter. Some books may cover all the necessary topics, while others may focus on specific areas. It is important to carefully read the book's description and table of contents to determine if it covers the topics you are looking to learn.

3. Is this book up-to-date with the latest information?

It is important to check the publication date of the book to determine if it is up-to-date. If the book covers a rapidly evolving subject, it may become outdated quickly. It is also helpful to read reviews to see if readers have mentioned the book's currency.

4. Are there exercises or practice problems included in the book?

Some books may include exercises or practice problems to help reinforce the material being taught. This can be beneficial for learning and retention. It is worth checking the book's description or table of contents to see if it includes any exercises.

5. Is this book recommended by experts in the field?

It can be helpful to see if the book has been recommended by experts in the field or if it is commonly used as a learning resource. This can provide reassurance that the book is reputable and valuable for learning. Reading reviews or conducting further research can help determine if the book is highly regarded by experts.