Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this forum only for highschool & college?

1. Oct 10, 2006 #1
    I don't see any questions here geared towards grade school and junior high level students, so would it not be a good idea to refer this site for that age group?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2006 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

You certainly can post questions here for that age-group!

4. Oct 10, 2006 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Both are welcome. Keep in mind that our forum policy requires that anyone under the age of 13 have parental permission before signing up, and we strongly recommend that their parents supervise their children's activity on this forum. We moderate the forum with a PG-13 type audience in mind.

5. Oct 10, 2006 #4
    Thank you, this is great news. Actually a friend of mine has kids and I want to invite them here. Thanks again!
    Canadians are welcome, correct? ;)

6. Oct 10, 2006 #5

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aren't we at our quota for Canuks? Seems to me that we rated Danger along as 50% of the quota... Well if you must :rofl:

7. Oct 11, 2006 #6

Danger

Gold Member

And I very much appreciate that honour. As you know, however, I tire easily these days. It would be nice to pass some of my responsibilities on.

8. Oct 11, 2006 #7
    Americans are Yanks, Britons are Limeys, New Zealander's are Kiwis, Australians are Aussies. It seemed a little unfair that Candians were spared a nickname. Before I met her, I'd never even heard of the word "Canuck" and then I looked up the definition.
    With the short history lesson I got from her, I think if I value my life I will never utter the word. :blushing:

9. Oct 11, 2006 #8
    Which section/topic/heading should this agegroup's questions be posted under since most of these topics involve highschool and more advanced math/science?

10. Oct 11, 2006 #9

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Anything dealing with homework and school work should go to the Homework forum, most likely in the Intro physics section.

Zz.

11. Oct 11, 2006 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Within the Homework forums -
    For physics questions: Introductory Physics
    For math: Precalculus Mathematics (it's meant to be anything before calculus, not the specific course called "precalculus")
    And, Other Sciences for any other science classes, or questions that don't fit easy classification of subject area.

Make sure they read the instructions, especially about needing to show their own attempts at the work first. Since we have very few students that young, it might help if they mention their grade level in their first post or two so the homework helpers know to keep their help at an appropriate level.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?