Jack Andraka, the Teen Prodigy of Pancreatic Cancer

1. OmCheeto

OmCheeto 2,013
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

I saw a video of Jack on Upworthy this morning. Interesting kid.
    I read several articles about him. Someone at Forbes said they didn't include him in their "30 under 30" list, because he'd never published in a peer reviewed journal, nor were his numerical claims correct.

I thought that was kind of lame. He was 15! Give him a break!

Ha! Just found this:

If I were Jack, I'd photocopy the $75,000 check, send it to the mean scientists, and write on it "Ha ha!"

:tongue:

ps. My thanks to Dr. Maitra, for being a great mentor. :approve:

1 person likes this.
  2. jcsd
  3. Choppy

Choppy 3,029
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Its always good to hear stories like this.

The down side of course, is that now you'll have a small set of teenagers who will feel as if their lives are over I they can't get to work in a university lab.

4. Monique

Monique 4,700
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The worst idea ever could be a revolutionizing idea, I hope it will be the latter!

5. I first heard about Jack Andraka on 60 Minutes a few months ago, and was really impressed both by his ability to work and develop the test for pancreatic cancer (which will have tremendous benefit to patients), and just in general for his passion and energy. I really wish him all the best on his future endeavours, and should really look out for him to achieve more great things in his life!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted