Kinematics of a thrown football - Find the path

  • Thread starter Thread starter itsmarasilly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Kinematics Path
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
itsmarasilly
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
- A quarterback throws a football at 25 m/s at a certain angle above the horizontal. If it took the ball 3.2 s to reach the top of its path, how long was it in the air?

- I have absolutely no idea how to do this :(
 
Physics news on Phys.org


I could be wrong, but if there is no air resistance, then the ball would stay at the same velocity the entire time...

>_> Woops. I didn't notice you were asking about the time...
<_<
 
Last edited:


hahhaha I think I know this one. It takes the exact amount of time for the ball to go up and to come down so just 3.2 x 2 I believe. but it sounds a bit too easy...