Kinetic Friction with an upward shove

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
lauriecherie
Messages
44
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


In the figure below, the coefficient of kinetic friction between the block and inclined plane is 0.17 and angle θ = 55°. What is the block's acceleration (magnitude and direction) assuming the following conditions? (b) It has been given an upward shove and is still sliding up the slope.
I also figured out that the accelertaion (magnitude and direction) when it is sliding down. That answer is 7.079 m/s^2


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I've tried 8.036 & 7.079 m/s^2. Both were incorrect :(
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi lauriecherie,

lauriecherie said:

Homework Statement


In the figure below, the coefficient of kinetic friction between the block and inclined plane is 0.17 and angle θ = 55°. What is the block's acceleration (magnitude and direction) assuming the following conditions? (b) It has been given an upward shove and is still sliding up the slope.
I also figured out that the accelertaion (magnitude and direction) when it is sliding down. That answer is 7.079 m/s^2


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I've tried 8.036 & 7.079 m/s^2. Both were incorrect :(


What did you do to get those answers?