Laplace Transformation: Transforming F(s) = 1/(s-2)^2

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
leopard
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
How can I transform

[tex]F(s) = \frac{1}{(s-2)^2}[/tex]

?

I cannot see that any of the functions in my table is useful...

j0cxhy.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Use the third one in the list along with the "frequency shifting rule": [tex]\mathcal{L}^{-1}[F(s-\alpha)]=e^{\alpha t}\mathcal{L}^{-1}[F(s)][/tex]
 
Actually, it's the second one in the list: the Laplace transform of 1/t is 1/s2. I think gabbagabbahey was counting the heading. Also note that gabbagabbahey's "frequency shifting rule" is implied in the third, the Laplace transform of eat is 1/(s-a) which is just the laplace transform of 1/t "shifted" by a.
 
HallsofIvy said:
... I think gabbagabbahey was counting the heading...

Actually I meant the third (with n=1 of course)---but certainly the second is a little more straightforward!:smile: