Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Lattice Boltzmann simulation with arbitrary equilibrium func

1. Dec 1, 2016 #1
    Hi everyone,

I plan to do a simulation of a Boltzmann equation with experimentally known scattering between two particles. Initially I intend to incorporate the scattering into the collision integral and use Lattice Boltzmann Equation (LBE) afterwards. But I only see LGBK (DnQb) which requires a specific form of equilibrium density function whereas mine might not suit.
    Is there any LBE which does not require a specific form of equilibrium density function? Or is there any LBE which only requires input of scattering function?

I am happy to provide more information if needed.

Thanks
    Simon

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2016 #2
    Specifically, I want a lattice Boltzmann method which can allow me to input arbitrary collision operator. It is ok to make some approximation.

4. Dec 1, 2016 #3
    A software of D2Q9 method without BGK approximation would be an ideal. Higher order of Q would also be favourable.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted