1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Learning electical engineering combined with physics

1. Mar 21, 2016 #1
    i am considering learning in the university(technion) for something related to science, i am trying to decide between electrical engineering and materials engineering. also in the field of electrical engineering i saw that there is several routes on the subject in the university i want to learn, one of them is electrical engineering and physics(a degree in both subjects).
    i am interested in learning physics but since the studying in that university is already hard(from what i heard) i want to know more about electrical engineering combined with physics, especialy what kind of jobs can the additional physics degree open for me and if it can leads to a job in research.
    i don't want to make it harder for me if it won't pay off in terms of jobs.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2016 #2

DLX

EE is close enough to physics anyway that you can shift in the future (it offers sufficient mathematical background). I would advise you to just go for the EE degree if you are on the fence between an industry job and a research career.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted