Linear Algebra or Differential equations?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
Herricane
Messages
61
Reaction score
1
Which one would you recommend me to take over the summer? Or should I take both? Has anyone ever done that?

Next semester I will be taking multivariable calculus and i just wanted to take a math class over the summer because I really enjoy it.

Each class is 3 hours long and meets MTWTR.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If the courses run at the same time that's 6 hours a day of math not counting homework. Not really fun. If one class begins after the other ends I'd take both.
 
linear constant coefficient d.e.'s are almost the same subject as linear algebra, but that is not always clear from the class. i would suggest linear algebra as moire basic, and if you can handle two classes, take both. (not easy to do.)
 
Oh shoot I plan on doing that, people say it goes well together...

I am taking the one that's after all the vectors/matrix (linear algebra) with intro to ODE in the summer
 
I took both of those classes simultaneously over a 12-week summer semester. Personally, I thought it was very manageable. The classes complemented each other very nicely and neither was particularly daunting. Still, a lot of that depends upon the professor. I say, if you have the motivation, go for it.