Liquefying Nitrogen: Problem w/ Latent Heat at 280.6K

  • Thread starter Thread starter gfd43tg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Nitrogen
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
gfd43tg
Gold Member
Messages
949
Reaction score
48
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1396753337.687284.jpg


Sorry for the template not being present, when I use my phone it doesn't show up. I am trying the problem about liquefying liquid nitrogen, and I am having my first problem finding the latent heat of vaporization at 280.6 K. I try using trouton's rule, and I get a domain error because the inside is negative with a power of 0.38.


I can't really tell if my drawing is right, I am assuming that the order in which it enters the system is a throttle valve, then a heat exchanger. Some vapor leaves the system, which is the combined throttle valve and heat exchanger, before entering the heat exchanger. Then, the rest goes through the heat exchanger.
 
Attachments
  • ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1396753366.297172.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1396753366.297172.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here is a new attempt, this time I made the inlet condition the reference. I am still stuck about the vaporization enthalpy using troutons rule and getting a negative number due to the reduced temperature being greater than unity

ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1396764658.823847.jpg