LO power leakage into IF and RF ports on mixer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fovakis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Leakage
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 1K views
Fovakis
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Hi ! I am making an RF Transmitter and i have a problem with power leakage for LO port to IF port and RF port. I don't know what to do and i am little confused about how can i fix this.


Source(-10 or -20dBm) 10KHz --------->MIxer conv.loss=8db--------->RF port

and

L.O=70MHz and 7dbm

I put an oscilloscope to mixers input IF and i don't see a sin wave from my Source. I is a sine wave with a lot of phase noice and amplitude variations..when i decrease the L.O power the sine becomes better.:o

I have heard about attenuators but i cannot understand how they will solve the problem. They attenuate maybe the standing waves that maybe create ?Also and my signal right?
I don't understand...
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you post a schematic and some photos? What bands are you building this transmitter for?
 
P5181092_zps5ee33fa8.jpg
"]
P5181092_zps5ee33fa8.jpg
[/URL]of course...here...i have some problem with the crystal filter there..but basically this is my transmitter...i think i will need attenuators sure before the mixers...
 
just a little note on circuit symbols...

are they supposed to be band pass filters ??

if so you need to learn to draw them correctly, the centre sine wave shouldn't have a strike through it ;)
as you have shown them they let nothing through low mid or hi

Dave