Logic gates problem Need to check if my answers are correct

In summary, the conversation discusses a logic gates problem and the attempt at finding the correct answers. The problem includes a diagram with four inputs and the individual's attempt at solving the problem with only two inputs. The individual is unsure if their answers are correct and asks for confirmation. The conversation also mentions a possible mistake in the calculation for one of the gates.
rock.freak667
Homework Helper
[SOLVED] Logic gates problem...Need to check if my answers are correct..

Homework Statement

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8899/19367959nt9.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2338/answerslo5.jpg

Now I wasn't sure how many inputs there are so I just used 2 because I see there are 4 and if there are 4 then there are 16 combinations.So I do not know if my answers are correct. But with 4 inputs the gate H is an ex-or gate I believe. But for 2 inputs I do not think there is a single gate for H

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Check the calculation for C=0, D = 1

I think that you made a mistake calculating G

1. What are logic gates?

Logic gates are electronic devices that perform basic logic functions such as AND, OR, and NOT. They are the building blocks of digital circuits and are used to process and control binary signals.

2. How do logic gates work?

Logic gates work by taking in one or more binary inputs and producing a single binary output based on their logic function. They use transistors to control the flow of electricity and produce different output signals depending on the input signals.

3. What is the purpose of using logic gates?

The main purpose of using logic gates is to process and control binary signals in digital circuits. They are used in computers, calculators, and other electronic devices to perform complex calculations and decision-making processes.

4. What is a truth table and how is it used to solve logic gate problems?

A truth table is a table that shows all possible input combinations and their corresponding outputs for a logic gate. It is used to help visualize and solve logic gate problems by showing the logic function at work and identifying any patterns or inconsistencies in the output.

5. How can I check if my answers for a logic gate problem are correct?

The best way to check if your answers for a logic gate problem are correct is to create a truth table for the logic gate in question and compare your answers to the output values in the truth table. You can also use online logic gate simulators or test the circuit with real components to verify your answers.