Logic Puzzle: Where is the koala?

In summary, the conversation discusses a math riddle about five houses with different inhabitants, animals, drinks, and cars. The conversation includes facts about the houses and their inhabitants, and the participants try to solve the riddle using trial-and-error and Prolog. #6 is not satisfied in the proposed solution.
sadsadsadsa
Anyone like riddles? I've got funny one.

​The Math Riddle Question: Where is the koala?

There are five houses, each of a different color and inhabited by men from different territories, with one unique animal*, drink, and car.

Some facts are given: 1. The Tasmanian lives in the red house. 2. The Queenslander owns the wombat. 3. The man in the green house drinks cocoa. 4. The New South Welshman drinks eggnog. 5. The green house is immediately to the right (your right) of the ivory house. 6. The owner of the Oldsmobile also owns a crocodile. 7. The owner of the Ford lives in the yellow house. 8. The man in the middle house drinks milk. 9. The Western Australian lives in the first house on the le[. 10. The man who owns the Chevrolet lives in the house next to the house where the man owns a Tasmanian devil. 11. The Ford owner's house is next to the house where the platypus is kept. 12. The Mercedes-Benz owner drinks orange juice. 13. The Victorian drives a Volkswagen. 14. The Western Australian lives next to the blue house.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
This was an interesting puzzle. I had to use trial-and-error, an assumption about the missing drink, and in the end, while I was able to find out where the koala is, I was not able to fill in the entire table.

The koala lives with the bloke from Tasmania in the red house on the far right; he drinks orange juice and drives the Mercedes-Benz. I made an assumption that the remaining, unmentioned drink was water. Moreover, I was unable to ascertain whether the Queenslander who drives the Oldsmobile and owns the wombat, lives in the ivory house and drinks milk, or lives in the green house and drinks cocoa. The Victorian who drives a VW and owns a crocodile lives in the other house that the Queenslander does not inhabit.

Fun puzzle!

In Russia there is a saying, "Let the horse think (it has a big head)". In that spirit, I wrote a Prolog program similar to this one. I've got a different answer.

[sp]h(yellow, west, devil, _G130, ford)
h(blue, nsw, platipus, eggnog, chevrolet)
h(red, tasmania, crocodile, milk, oldsmobile)
h(ivory, queensland, wombat, juice, mercedes)
h(green, victoria, coala, cocoa, vw)[/sp]

Ach! I think I messed up on my logic somewhere. #6 is not satisfied by my table. a la GPS: "Recomputing."

sadsadsadsa said:
Anyone like riddles? I've got funny one...

Enough time has passed that you may now post your solution. (Yes)

1. Where can I find the koala in the logic puzzle?

The koala can be found in the tree on the far right side of the puzzle. It is hanging from a branch and is the only animal in the tree.

2. How many animals are in the logic puzzle?

There are a total of 5 animals in the logic puzzle - a koala, a kangaroo, a crocodile, a snake, and a platypus.

3. Can the koala be in the same spot as another animal?

No, each animal can only occupy one space in the logic puzzle. The koala cannot share a space with another animal.

4. Is the koala always in the same spot in the puzzle?

No, the koala's location in the puzzle can vary depending on the specific puzzle being solved.

5. How do I use logic to determine the location of the koala in the puzzle?

To determine the location of the koala, you can use the clues given in the puzzle and use logical deduction to eliminate possibilities and narrow down the correct location.