Looking for a book on hard studying

In summary: It will give you a grounding in a wide range of study skills, and show you how to apply them to your own studies. Overall, it will help you to become a more efficient and effective learner. Other books that may be helpful are 'How to Study in College' by Walter Pauk and 'The Study Skills Handbook' by Stella Cottrell. These books provide practical tips and strategies for improving your study habits and achieving academic success. Additionally, you can also search for online resources or attend workshops and seminars offered by your school's learning center or academic support services. It's important to remember that everyone learns differently, so don't be afraid to experiment and find what works best for you.
nhrock3
when i started learning in the faculty i thought that if i would solve every housework
every class work understanding the laws explained in the lecture.
then i would get a high grade.

but it was not the case.
many times i heard in the end of the course sometimes by the professor himself
that the faculty asked him to "raise " the level of the course.

it was done by tough checking the tests .or making tough questions in the test
that was mentioned very little in the lectures the self and was not mentioned in the home exercises at all.

so when i tried as hard as i could to succeed in those courses i could get only pass plus minus grades.

and i went to all the reception hours and i solved the questions in prior exams
additionally to solving the course formal exercises.

because my profs were instructed to give low grade average in those courses.
very few people got high grades.

i want to be one of those few to get high grades.

is there any books regarding study philosophy
how to study correctly, not a list of tips
but a book that teaches you how to study correctly in such a tough competitive degree.
when the faculty want to kick out as much students as possible

??

Physics news on Phys.org
If you're looking for a book specifically for math and science degrees or courses I don't think I've ever seen one. For general studying and time management, try Cal Newport's "Straight A Method". He also has a blog called 'Study Hacks' if you google it. It personally solved my GPA problems and now I have one of the highest averages in my year but it is not a very hand-holdy book (like "Study at X time" or "Break problem sets into 10 parts" or anything) but it does provide a good philosophy and strategies to organize your studying to be efficient.

"Study at X time" and "Break problem sets into 10 parts" are also published book ?

what are their author

nhrock3 said:
"Study at X time" and "Break problem sets into 10 parts" are also published book ?

what are their author

They are not books. MissSilvy is just pointing out that the book recommended is more of a philosophy than a cookbook. That is to say, effective studying is not formulaic.

In any case, the route to good grades is different for everyone.

i can't find this straight A book on the web
is there some where where i could download it
?

No. Almost all of his content is written in bits and pieces on his blog but if you want the book, I'm afraid you're going to have to buy it, sheesh.

any other sources

You should look at everything you do that relates to study, however obliquely, and ask how it might be improved. For instance, you are abrupt in your forum postings, and are lax in using proper sentences, full stops and capitals. This looks bad to other forum users. Improve these things and you are more likely to get good answers, and to improve your writing skills. Develop good habits here, and they will percolate into exams essays and the way you interact with faculty.

To directly answer your question, try reading some books about developing study skills. I have read quite a few in my time; it was always time well spent. 'Make the Most of Your Mind' by Tony Buzan might be a good one for you to start with.

1. What are some books that can help improve my study habits?

There are several books on hard studying that can help improve your study habits. Some popular options include "Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning" by Peter C. Brown, "A Mind for Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra)" by Barbara Oakley, and "Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones" by James Clear.

2. Are there any books specifically for college students looking to improve their study skills?

Yes, there are many books geared towards college students who want to improve their study skills. Some suggestions include "The Secrets of College Success" by Lynn F. Jacobs and Jeremy S. Hyman, "How to Become a Straight-A Student: The Unconventional Strategies Real College Students Use to Score High While Studying Less" by Cal Newport, and "The Study Skills Handbook" by Stella Cottrell.

3. Are there any books that offer tips for managing time and staying organized while studying?

Yes, there are several books that offer tips for managing time and staying organized while studying. Some examples include "The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play" by Neil Fiore, "Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity" by David Allen, and "The Organized Student: Teaching Children the Skills for Success in School and Beyond" by Donna Goldberg.

4. Are there any books that focus specifically on improving memory and retention while studying?

Yes, there are books that focus specifically on improving memory and retention while studying. Some options include "Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything" by Joshua Foer, "Memory Craft: Improve Your Memory with the Most Powerful Methods in History" by Lynne Kelly, and "Unlimited Memory: How to Use Advanced Learning Strategies to Learn Faster, Remember More and be More Productive" by Kevin Horsley.

5. Are there any books that offer strategies for overcoming distractions and staying focused while studying?

Yes, there are books that offer strategies for overcoming distractions and staying focused while studying. Some recommended titles include "Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World" by Cal Newport, "Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence" by Daniel Goleman, and "Master Your Focus: Focus on What Matters, Ignore the Rest, and Get More Done" by Thibaut Meurisse.