Looking for a good books on Chemistry

In summary, the conversation involved the speaker wanting to refresh their knowledge in chemistry and asking for advice on literature. They mentioned a book they currently have in digital form and also mentioned some good authors to look into. They also mentioned difficulties in finding a suitable book at a community college bookstore.
frostysh
I want to refresh my skool-achieved knowledge about Chemistry, and then I want to move in direction of Chemistry of Computer Systems, Chemistry of Brain, Chemistry of Neurons, Chemistry of DNA, etc. Any good advises about literature?
For now I have this book in digital form - "Introductory Chemistry - An Active Learning Approach" it's looks fun and with a lot of pictures, I liked pictures.

Thanx for the answers.

P.S. Posted it right here, since chemicalforums.com has tryin' to block TOR-Net.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Any good typically in-use textbook on General Chemistry should be fine. A couple of good authors from the past may be Mortimer, or Petrucci. Visit your local community college book store to see what is current.

Well, I am actually thinking the same, but about community college book store - I think mission impossible :). Anyway I will look for a while, and I think I will find the book that will be cool to me, for an example as I have already mentioned in the previous post.

P.S. Noted that authors.

1. What are some good books for beginners in chemistry?

Some good books for beginners in chemistry include "Chemistry: A Molecular Approach" by Nivaldo J. Tro, "Chemistry Essentials For Dummies" by John T. Moore and EdD, and "Chemistry: The Central Science" by Theodore L. Brown, H. Eugene LeMay, and Bruce E. Bursten.

2. What is the best book for learning organic chemistry?

The best book for learning organic chemistry is "Organic Chemistry" by Paula Yurkanis Bruice. It covers the fundamentals of organic chemistry in a clear and comprehensive manner.

3. Are there any books that focus on the history of chemistry?

Yes, there are several books that focus on the history of chemistry, such as "The Alchemy of Air: A Jewish Genius, a Doomed Tycoon, and the Scientific Discovery That Fed the World but Fueled the Rise of Hitler" by Thomas Hager and "The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements" by Sam Kean.

4. What are some good reference books for advanced chemistry students?

Some good reference books for advanced chemistry students include "Advanced Organic Chemistry" by Francis A. Carey and Richard J. Sundberg, "Inorganic Chemistry" by Catherine E. Housecroft and Alan G. Sharpe, and "Physical Chemistry: A Molecular Approach" by Donald A. McQuarrie and John D. Simon.

5. Are there any chemistry books that are written in an engaging and easy-to-understand style?

Yes, there are several chemistry books written in an engaging and easy-to-understand style, such as "The Cartoon Guide to Chemistry" by Larry Gonick and Craig Criddle, "Napoleon's Buttons: How 17 Molecules Changed History" by Penny Le Couteur and Jay Burreson, and "The Disappearing Spoon" by Sam Kean.