Suggestions for Chemistry 1 Self-Study Books?

Main Question or Discussion Point

I will be taking Chemistry 1 in the fall for undergrad science majors and am looking for a good study book to brush up on the basics. I took chemistry in high school two years ago and don't want to be re-learning basics that I was expected to know beforehand (sig figs, conversions, etc). Any suggestions for a study book to help prepare me a little more?
Thanks for any and all help!

Answers and Replies

You could use 'Arihant' books they're a good set of books to recollect ur chemistry knowledge!! It's only a suggestion!!

I strongly recommend "Chemical Principles: The Quest for Insight" by Atkins and "Principles of Modern a Chemistry" by Oxtoby! Very through, detailed, and mathematically oriented!

I strongly recommend "Chemical Principles: The Quest for Insight" by Atkins and "Principles of Modern a Chemistry" by Oxtoby! Very through, detailed, and mathematically oriented!
I second that. It's a great book, Then you can follow MIT's course on chemistry: One of the best courses around (you really get some good and quite deep explanations)
The solution manual to Chemical principles i GREAT, and full of explanations to :)