1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry Suggestions for Chemistry 1 Self-Study Books?

1. Jun 18, 2015 #1
    I will be taking Chemistry 1 in the fall for undergrad science majors and am looking for a good study book to brush up on the basics. I took chemistry in high school two years ago and don't want to be re-learning basics that I was expected to know beforehand (sig figs, conversions, etc). Any suggestions for a study book to help prepare me a little more?
    Thanks for any and all help!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2015 #2
    You could use 'Arihant' books they're a good set of books to recollect ur chemistry knowledge!! It's only a suggestion!!

4. Jun 22, 2015 #3
    I strongly recommend "Chemical Principles: The Quest for Insight" by Atkins and "Principles of Modern a Chemistry" by Oxtoby! Very through, detailed, and mathematically oriented!

5. Jun 23, 2015 #4
    I second that. It's a great book, Then you can follow MIT's course on chemistry: One of the best courses around (you really get some good and quite deep explanations)
    The solution manual to Chemical principles i GREAT, and full of explanations to :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted