Looking for advice in regard to EE, CS and Physics

In summary, the speaker is a student at Cal Poly Pomona currently majoring in electrical engineering and trying to also pursue a computer science major. They have figured out a schedule to finish both majors on time and feel that the two complement each other. However, they are passionate about physics and want to pursue a degree in it, but it would add an extra year to their undergraduate career or put them on academic probation. They are seeking suggestions on how to approach this situation, as they cannot give up electrical engineering due to job security and their fondness for it.
rumchesterfry
I'm currently a student at Cal Poly Pomona and lacking any grasp on how I should approach the rest of my undergraduate career. I'm currently majoring in electrical engineering while trying to sneak in a computer science major at the same time. These things aren't really the problem as I've figured out a schedule on how to finish both relatively on time and the two somewhat complement each other anyways giving me unfair advantages in my classes. The problem is that I'm madly passionate about physics and there is no way to complete a degree in physics without adding on an extra year to my undergrad at this institution or putting myself on academic probation. I understand from reading that it's not practical to obtain a degree in physics with those other two majors but I feel as though I can't respect myself unless I do.

In regards to the other two majors, I can't give up electrical engineering because of the job security associated with it and for my fondness of it but I can give up cs because most of that is self taught anyways but wouldn't make a difference as it would take an extra year to graduate anyways.
Any suggestions on how I should go about this?

Physics news on Phys.org
How exactly does your mad passion about physics show?

1. What are some tips for studying EE, CS, and Physics?

Some tips for studying these subjects include creating a study schedule, seeking help from professors or tutors, practicing problem-solving regularly, and actively engaging in class discussions and activities.

2. How can I prepare for exams in EE, CS, and Physics?

To prepare for exams, it is important to review class notes and materials regularly, practice solving problems, and take practice exams. It can also be helpful to study in groups and to seek clarification on any confusing concepts.

3. What resources are available for EE, CS, and Physics students?

There are many resources available for students studying these subjects, including textbooks, online tutorials and videos, study groups, and academic support centers. Many universities also have dedicated departments or organizations that provide resources and support for students in these fields.

4. What are some career options for EE, CS, and Physics graduates?

Graduates with degrees in these fields have a variety of career options, including working in research and development, engineering, data analysis, software development, and teaching. They can also pursue further education in graduate programs or pursue careers in related fields such as finance or healthcare.

5. How can I stay updated on advancements in EE, CS, and Physics?

To stay updated on advancements in these fields, you can attend conferences, read academic journals and publications, follow industry professionals and organizations on social media, and participate in online forums and discussions. It is also important to continue learning and staying curious about new developments and technologies.