Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for atomic energy level database

1. Jan 17, 2013 #1
    Hello,everyone! I want to know if there is database which can tell me the energy level diagram of atom. I have consulted NIST Atomic database,but I can't find energy level diagram. so anybody can help me ? I WANT to get the energy leverl diagram like hydrogen atom in modern books(potential energy is 0 at infinite) Thank you!
    ps: I want to get the energy level diagram of Cd
    I want to know the energy of 1s electron if we set infinite potential energy to zero!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2013 #2
    Usually it can be calculated using quantum chemistry softwares like Gaussian. Without software it is tough.

4. Jan 18, 2013 #3
    Thank you for your reply! take Cd example, I calculate the atomic orbital with Gaussian! there are 24 energy level,but I don't know which energy level is 3s, which is 4d and so on! would you please to help! Thank you!

Attached Files:

5. Jan 18, 2013 #4
    Have you tried to read the generated logfiles? Those may contain information regarding orbitals and energy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook