Looking for data for cone cell responsivity (color vision)

In summary, the conversation involved a request for numerical data behind a plot and information on the experiments used to collect the data. The person also asked about the possibility of creating a function mapping wavelengths to RGB values using the data and requested recommendations for primary sources in the field of color vision. A link to a resource on color vision was shared.
pacman
Hello,
1) I am looking for numerical data behind plots like this one.

2) Also, any information on the experiments the data comes from would be helpful. Are cone cells directly measured, or does it involve a human matching colors to a pure color light source?

3) Will I be able to write a function that maps wavelengths to RGB values using said data?

4) What are some good primary sources in this field?

Thank you for answering any of these or just commenting!

EDIT: The link above actually links to a PDF with the data, so never mind that part of the question.
EDIT2: I found this great resource of data on color vision: http://www.cvrl.org/

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

1. What is cone cell responsivity?

Cone cell responsivity refers to the ability of cone cells in the retina of the eye to respond to different wavelengths of light, which allows us to perceive color.

2. What is the purpose of looking for data on cone cell responsivity?

The purpose of looking for data on cone cell responsivity is to better understand how cone cells function and how they contribute to our perception of color. This information can also be used in various fields such as optometry, vision research, and color technology.

3. Where can I find data on cone cell responsivity?

Data on cone cell responsivity can be found in scientific journals, research databases, and websites of reputable institutions such as universities and government agencies. It can also be obtained directly from researchers or through collaborations.

4. How is data on cone cell responsivity measured?

Data on cone cell responsivity is typically measured through psychophysical experiments, where participants are asked to identify or discriminate between different wavelengths of light. This data can also be obtained through physiological measurements, such as recording the electrical activity of cone cells.

5. What factors can affect cone cell responsivity?

Cone cell responsivity can be affected by a variety of factors, including genetics, age, health conditions, and environmental factors such as light exposure. Certain medications and substances may also affect cone cell responsivity. Additionally, individual differences in cone cell distribution and density can also impact responsivity.