Looking for math course that correspond to fluid mechanics

In summary, The conversation is about preparing for a fluids mechanics course next year. The person is looking for math courses that are related to fluid mechanics and wants to know if there are any specific topics that should be studied beforehand. They mention a link to a translated course and share their own experience with taking a fluids class. They also suggest asking the professor or the math department for more information.
aiisshsaak
I am goin to study fluids mechanic next year, and I want to prepare for it, so I found the cours that corresponds to it, it is translated to english nd linked below. anyway, I want to know or if somebody can lead me to math courses that it is related to fluid mechanics, coz I need to learn it first before studying that course... thank you in advance :)

http://translate.google.dz/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sciences.univ-nantes.fr%2Fsites%2Fclaude_saintblanquet%2Fsynophys%2F45meflu%2F45meflu.htm

Physics news on Phys.org
141 views with 0 reply, come on people, I really need ur help ;(

Vector Calculus and differential equations for general mathematical theory. Anything is specific will be taught in your fluids class. In my fluids class, we got a crash course in partial differential equations. There classes, however, in partial differential equations, but it is not necessary for the course.

Why don't you ask the professor teaching the course or someone in the math department?

cronanster said:
Vector Calculus and differential equations for general mathematical theory. Anything is specific will be taught in your fluids class. In my fluids class, we got a crash course in partial differential equations. There classes, however, in partial differential equations, but it is not necessary for the course.

Thank you cronanster :smile:

dipole said:
Why don't you ask the professor teaching the course or someone in the math department?

Because I currently am not in town nd plus we're in vacation ..

1. What is fluid mechanics?

Fluid mechanics is a branch of physics that studies the properties and behavior of fluids, such as liquids and gases, and the forces that act on them.

2. What math courses are typically taken in conjunction with fluid mechanics?

Math courses that are commonly taken alongside fluid mechanics include calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra.

3. Are there any specific math courses that directly correspond to fluid mechanics?

Yes, there are specific math courses that are directly related to fluid mechanics, such as vector calculus and partial differential equations.

4. Can I take a math course that covers only fluid mechanics without taking other math courses?

No, it is not recommended to take a math course that solely focuses on fluid mechanics without a foundation in other math courses. Understanding the underlying mathematical concepts is crucial in comprehending fluid mechanics.

5. Are there online math courses that cover fluid mechanics?

Yes, there are many online math courses that cover fluid mechanics. However, it is important to ensure that the course is accredited and taught by a qualified instructor.