Looking for online 6-8 week PreCalculus Class.

In summary, the speaker is in need of an online Pre-Calculus class that can be completed in 6-8 weeks, as they have a deadline of August 22nd to register for Fall classes. They have previously taken Pre-Calculus but had to withdraw due to personal circumstances. They plan on checking with their university's department chair to ensure the credit will be accepted. The speaker is also concerned about the accreditation of online colleges and suggests doing research on accredited options. They also mention the possibility of taking a test to prove their qualifications.
lawnphysics
I need to locate an online Pre-Calculus Class that I can start ASAP and finish by August 22nd. This is very important to me. Otherwise I can not register for two classes I wish to take this Fall. I have already had Pre-Calculus once but under less than ideal circumstances (family, financial, and other factors) -leading to a Semester withdrawal. However, I can easily fly through this course if I can find a 6-8 week course. Also, I intend to check with my department chair at my University to make sure the credit will be accepted.

Thanks,

Matt

Mathematics news on Phys.org
The big problem is that many online colleges aren't nationally accredited, so you won't properly get credit for taking precalc. I don't know how deadlines work for online classes, but here's a list of accredited colleges that I found from google:

http://www.accredited-online-colleges.com/

My advice would be to start there and do some research.

Isn't there a test you can take to prove your qualified?

1. What is a PreCalculus class?

A PreCalculus class is a math course that covers topics such as algebra, trigonometry, and analytic geometry. It is typically taken by high school students as a preparation for Calculus.

2. How long is the online PreCalculus class?

The online PreCalculus class is typically 6-8 weeks long, with a recommended workload of 8-10 hours per week. However, the exact length and workload may vary depending on the specific course and institution.

3. Can I take the PreCalculus class if I have never taken a math course before?

It is recommended that students have a strong understanding of algebra and trigonometry before taking a PreCalculus class. However, some online courses may offer prerequisite review materials to help students catch up.

4. What are the benefits of taking an online PreCalculus class?

Taking an online PreCalculus class allows for flexibility in schedule and location, as students can access course materials and lectures from anywhere with an internet connection. It also allows for self-paced learning, which can be beneficial for students who prefer to work at their own pace.

5. How can I succeed in an online PreCalculus class?

To succeed in an online PreCalculus class, it is important to stay organized and on top of assignments and deadlines. It is also helpful to actively participate in online discussions and seek help from the instructor or classmates when needed. Developing good time management and study habits can also greatly contribute to success in the course.