Looking for tricky and interesting physics and maths questions

In summary, the speaker is looking for challenging physics and maths questions that can be solved using only A-level knowledge. They are seeking resources such as books and online materials and have been recommended to try a problem-solving thread and Goldstein's book on Classical Mechanics. They have also been suggested to search for physics olympiad questions and exam board practice questions.
Seneka
I want to do tricky physics and maths questions that require only A-level knowledge of maths and physics to solve. Questions that don't have a straightforward answer and will help me to develop my logic and problem-solving skills. I'm looking books, online resources and etc.

Physics news on Phys.org
Seneka said:
I want to do tricky physics and maths questions that require only A-level knowledge of maths and physics to solve. Questions that don't have a straightforward answer and will help me to develop my logic and problem-solving skills. I'm looking books, online resources and etc.

Try this one, only high school knowledge and creativity must be used (don't spoil yourself by scrolling down though!):

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/micromass-big-high-school-challenge-thread.879086/

Likes Seneka and mfb
Try working your way through Goldsteins book on Classical Mechanics. A lot of students have done this to improve their understanding of physics.

Likes Seneka
Try googling "physics olympiad questions".

Likes Seneka
Have you looked at practice exam questions published by the exam boards?

Likes jedishrfu

1. What are some good resources for finding tricky and interesting physics and maths questions?

Some good resources for finding tricky and interesting physics and maths questions include online forums and communities dedicated to these subjects, textbooks and study guides, and websites that offer practice problems and quizzes.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics and maths?

One way to improve problem-solving skills in physics and maths is to practice regularly and challenge yourself with a variety of problems. It can also be helpful to break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts and to use different problem-solving strategies.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving physics and maths problems?

Common mistakes to avoid when solving physics and maths problems include not reading the problem carefully and missing important information, using incorrect formulas or equations, and making calculation errors. It's also important to check your work and make sure your answer makes sense in the context of the problem.

4. How can I apply the concepts I've learned in physics and maths to real-world situations?

One way to apply the concepts you've learned in physics and maths to real-world situations is to look for examples and connections in your everyday life. You can also seek out projects or experiments that allow you to apply these concepts, or work on real-world problems with a team or mentor.

5. How can I make physics and maths more interesting and engaging?

To make physics and maths more interesting and engaging, try to find ways to relate the concepts to your own interests and passions. You can also try approaching problems from different angles and perspectives, and seek out interactive and hands-on learning opportunities.