1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering M.S. in Chemical Engineering Interested in Informatics

1. Dec 13, 2012 #1
    Dear all,

I recently completed a M.S. in Chemical Engineering and I am finding that I lost my drive. I am instead more passionate about Informatics. I opted for trying to learn things on my own because I did not want to take on debt to pay for college. It worked out considerably well. I learned more than I expected, and I found people interested in informatics as well. I also found projects and papers to study, as well as a hackerspace with people who were knowledgeable about computers. However, I wonder whether it would be useful (and worth it) to go back to college for exposure and to have experts in the field review my work.

-GA

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2012 #2
    Try working at somewhere like first Detica, then doing further study after, I dont think its the best idea to do 2 masters after each other, well thats the way it is in the UK anyway .. unless you're looking to do a PHD

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook